Chapter 7

The sound of Maddie chuckling was the thing that made me look away from my phone, and over at her. We were sitting at a café with Darren and Jack, who kept kissing Maddie's neck. I felt kind of nauseous looking at it. "What?" I ask her, I knew that it wasn't the giggle she made when someone kissed her repeatedly, but when she found something funny.

"Nothing, you just keep checking your phone. Hasn't Michael texted you or anything?" I roll my eyes, though it was kind of the reason. Normally, he would call me, or at least text me every time he had a break, but he hadn't done it for three days.

"That's not it, but no, he hasn't for three days. He's normally constantly texting me."

"Wow, why don't you just text him?" Jack asks, making me roll my eyes. I look over at Darren, who sat with his phone, probably texting Chris.

"Me, texting him first? No," I say, tapping on my phone that was lying on the table, wanting it to make some sort of sound.

"Why?"

"Because the girl doesn't text first," I tell him with a 'duh' tone. He just rolls his eyes, me wanting to slap his face in.

Afterwards, I went home. I have to admit, it was kind of weird not having Michael texting me all the time, and I kind of missed that attention, I never thought I actually would. I had only been knowing him for like two weeks, and we had been in almost constant contact most of the time, that until three days ago.

Looking at my phone, I began thinking. Should I text him? I mean, I was bored, and actually interested in what he had been up to since he couldn't text me, he was always the one texting me first. So why hadn't he? Was I overreacting? "Oh just stop," I tell myself, taking a hand through my hair. I sigh, choosing Michael's number, taking it up to my ear.

"Hello?" his voice said, making me smile widely. I then realize it, and wipe the smile off my face again.

"Hey Mikey," I say, biting my lip a bit, his chuckle filling my ear.

"Hi El. What's up?"

"Not much. You just... haven't texted or called me the last few days. You usually do it whenever you can," I say, then realizing how pathetic that sounded, facepalming myself. His chuckle once again filled the phone, me just sighing.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry. I've been busy. You missed me?" he chuckles, me just sighing, smiling a bit.

"It's just... became a part of my life pretty quickly. It's weird when you suddenly stop." He laughs, and I mentally wish I would stop saying stuff like that.

"Yeah, me too... but it's just been crazy lately. Hey, what are you doing tonight? I could come over later, and we could just game on?" Why was I suddenly so eager of tonight coming?

"Yeah, sure," I say, biting my lip. "You just come whenever, I don't really have anything to do."

"Well, I have a break now, so I can talk for a few minutes, and then I'll text you once I'm done here, okay?"

"Okay, what are you doing anyways?"

"Working on some new songs and stuff," he tells me, and I can hear he puts something crispy in his mouth, probably some chips or something. "You?"

"I just got home from lunch with Darren, Maddie and Maddie's boyfriend. You remember the one who came over when we were talking at the club?"

"Oh, yeah him, I remember. You don't seem to like him very much?"

"Yeah, not the biggest fan of him. I just... I feel like he's just using her, or something like that."

"Have you told her?"