Chapter 32

"It's been a while since I was here," Maddie says as we exit the boys' private yet in LA, me just slightly sigh at the fact that they were traveling in a private yet. I have money, I think. Just not that much money.

"The last time, wasn't it went we went to Universal Studios?" I ask as I look over at her, her nodding.

"Why didn't you just go to the one in Orlando?" Luke asks, his fingers intertwined with Maddie's, a pair of sunglasses on his nose, although the sun wasn't shining that much.

"Duh, because we had been there several times before," Maddie laughs at him and I can only imagine him rolling his eyes at her. "Why are you even having on your sunclasses, it's not like the sun is shining so you're blind.

"Honestly, because there is a big possibility that paps are outside the airport to take pictures, and I'd like to keep look at your beautiful face," he says, smirking down at him.

"Nice played, Hemmings," Ashton laughs from behind him, Maddie looking down as she blushes. I laugh, feeling Michael's arm go over my shoulder.

"But no, seriously, the paps are going to make you blind, I'm surprised you guys didn't bring some yourself."

"I'm surprised you didn't bring some for Maddie," Calum laughs, Luke shrugging.

"It's all part of my plan to make her cling herself to me while we go to the car," Luke smirks, Maddie pushing him off, their fingers quickly finding each other again as he just laughs. "I know, I'm such a weirdo, you don't have to say it," he laughs as he looks down at Maddie. She slightly rolls her eyes, him pressing his lips to his temple.

"You guys make me sick," Calum says, me just nodding. "You as well you two," he then says, looking over at Michael and me. I stick my tongue out at him, him returning it. We eventually make our way outside, and as Luke said, the paps were there, blinding us. I hold my hand in front of my eyes, looking down at where I was walking. Maddie was right in front of me, holding onto Luke's arm as he lead us all to the car, being the only one who can see properly. I sit in right after Maddie, dragging Michael in beside me, the rest of the guys soon following. I rub my eyes a bit, since I had definitely not seen all of those flashes coming.

"You okay?" Michael asks and I just nod. He gives me a warm smile, rubbing my arm a bit. He presses his lips to my temple. I was used to flashes at work, but this felt different. The paps went all the way up in our faces, a flash coming from their camera every second for a while. At work I stood a bit away, it only lasting two seconds.

"I'm fine," I say, looking up at him, giving his thigh a little squeeze. He lays his hand on top of mine, squeezing my hand, having an apologizing look on his face. I guess I just have to get used to the paparazzi like that. I just have to get used to this, for Michael. I know I can do it.

"I'm sorry I'm putting this on you," he whispers, looking down at me with sad eyes.

"It's okay," I say, pressing our foreheads against his. "You're worth it." He smiles, moving so my forehead is pressed against his lips instead. We soon arrive at the hotel, me sighing as I see more paps standing outside. I slightly bite my lip, Michael looking at me.

"Close your eyes, I'll get you inside, okay?" I just nod, waiting for the others going outside. I close my eyes, feeling Michael's arm around my upper back, leading both of us in. I hear the paps yell at the boys, my name slipping out of their mouths once or twice, but I ignore it, just waiting for Michael to get me inside. The shouts soon die down, and I open my eyes. I'm standing in the middle of the lobby, my hands on the side of my head, Michael's hands on top of mine, as he looks into my eyes. When I said I wanted to go with them on tour, at least for the first gig, I didn't expect this. If it weren't for Michael, I wouldn't be able to go through this, but he was worth it.