Ch. 5

ELI'S POV
I turned around to walk out of Lillie's room but the look on braidens face caught me off guard. I started walking towards him and only stopped a few inches away. I had gotten a cop to fall for me hah what luck. I looked into his eyes than at his lips then back to his eyes and I leaned in.
"Are you gonna move so i can shut the door?" I smirked a bit then he looked like someone just saw right through him; which of course I just did. He moved and I shut the door and went into my room with him. "Wait here for a minute I gotta go get the monitor for Lilly." I walked down the stairs as quietly as I could and grabbed the monitor and headed back up stairs to my room.
  I opened the door and saw braiden looking at a folder on my desk. I sat the monitoring the night stand and walked up next to him.
"Those were meant to be private you know." I said referring to my paintings with poems attached to them that were hidden in the folder. He flinched not knowing I was behind him.
"Sorry. I-i-"
"Relax. I'm an open book."
"Really? You don't seem like you are." I sat on my bed and motioned for him to sit on the other side in front of me.
"Go on, ask me anything." He looked around the room in thought.
"Do you do any other drugs other than marijuana?"
"Wow this sounds more like an Interrogation."
"Thought you were an open book?" He smirked
"Getting cocky now aren't we?" I paused "no, Ive only ever dealt with weed."
"What got you into it?"
"Depression, lack of sleep, panic attack disorder, blah blah blah. It helps."
"Okay.. fair enough.."
"My turn. What made you decide to become a police officer?" He looked like he was having Vietnam flash backs
"Look you don't have to."
"No I-I want to..." we sat in silence for a bit until he was ready to talk "when I was around 13 my childhood friend carter and I decided it would be fun to go out and play in the city. So we went out and Into the back alley ways. We were playing man hunt and it was his turn to hide.  I spent over an hour trying to find him and when I finally did... he was in a dumpster. His body was lifeless and he had cuts and bruises all over him.  They couldn't find any evidence in his case so they closed it. It was never solved and so That's why I decided to be an officer. To avenge his death and be the hero I was never able to be for him." I looked at him  and my mouth slowly fell open in realization "what?"
"You loved him." He gritted his teeth and looked down.
"Yea..." he nodded  "I did. Anyways my turn.. why do you take care of your sister?"
"Well.. my father has some sort of bone disorder that messes with his legs so he can't get around like he used to. My mom has no cartilage in her knees which makes it really hard for her to get up and down the stairs or honestly even walk. And since my sisters room is upstairs and so is mine it just made sense that I'd be taking care of her."
"I see, so them what do you do for A living?" I got quiet and kinda just gave him an odd smile
"I uh.. work under the table as a um.. well.. a pizza maker."
"Under the table? You know that's not technically legal right?"
"My parents can't work and if I work and get an actual paycheck it messes with their disability checks and their insurance which would make it harder on me and harder on them to get the kind of medications and such that they need. Their checks only cover so much you know? Like I pay for the odd and end stuff that they can't like lilies baby food, the meats and fruits in the house. The cable for mom and dad, the phone Bills.. and clothes..."
"Now I understand... all of it.."
"What do you mean?"
"You're not a trouble maker you're a care giver. You take care of those who can't take care of themselves and you never ask for anything In return. You have so much going on for you that you don't even have time for a social life outside of a small pot circle I'm assuming."
"Wow.. you've just figured me out haven't you?" I said jokingly
"Not yet.. I've only just cleared the surface of who you are." He stared at me for a few minutes and we kept talking about odd and end things just about all night. Or at least till Lilly woke up and the monitor sounded her crying voice. I went and got her and changed her diaper then rocked her back to sleep and Laid her back down then when I got back to my room braiden was passed out on my bed. I stayed up for 2 more hours after he had fallen asleep. I watched two and a half episodes of Grimm before turning it off and waking him up around 5:30 am.
"What time is it?"  I looked at my phone
"It's about 5:40 am now. You fell asleep. so I let you sleep for a couple of hours Incase you had something's to do in the morning." He got straight out of bed fast walked downstairs and grabbed his coat and out the door he went.