Ch. 9

BRAIDENS POV
I walked out of the bathroom on my way back to my office when I looked up and saw Eli and some of his school buddies all in handcuffs. A guy came up to me.
"We have 5 kids, stolen car, and two were in possession of marijuana." I looked over at Eli. 'Please tell me he wasn't the one caught with marajuana.. that's automatic jail time for him and he'll be charged as an adult.'
"This ones mine." I said while grabbing Eli by the cuffs. His friend Jason glared at me. Eli looked up at me with hopeful eyes. I took him into a room and sat him down on a chair and I went over to the other side of the desk.

ELIS POV
"Eli.... kid.. seriously what are doing here? Haven't you learned your lesson when you were caught trying to burn your marajuana stash?" Braiden the police officer said.
"I swear Braiden it wasn't me this time. You know me, I've only ever delt with pot. I wouldn't steal a car." He looked upset but nods a yes knowing that this isn't the kind of stuff I'm into.
"Then what are you doing here?"
I slouched back in my chair with a cocky smile "I came here to see you." I caught his cheeks turn a slight pink tint.
"No I'm serious, How'd you get into this mess?"
I rolled my eyes "Friend said he got a new car and wanted to hang out with a few friends, next thing I know we are being pulled over and I'm being told the car was stolen. Hand cuffed and now here I am talking to you."
"You can get out of hand cuffs so why haven't you?"
"Like I said..." I leaned forward and looked up at him "I wanted to see you."
Braidens face turned pink.
"Were you the one caught with marajuana?"
"No. I don't carry that stuff with me when I'm out and about I get paranoid very easily."
"So you know nothing about the stolen car?"
"Nothing."
"Okay.. I'll be back in a minute. Stay put." I waited and waited for about 10 minutes almost staring at the clock. The door opened and Braiden came in and unlocked the cuffs.
"You're free to go. Ariel and Jason said you had nothing to do with any of it ."
"Of course they did, because I didn't."
"Grab your things I'll take you home." I grabbed my phone and my house keys and stuffed them into my pocket. And we walked out of the room.
"Where are you going Braiden?" The other Male officer said.
"I'm going to take Eli home." He looked at me and then to Braiden.
"Are we still on for breakfast?" Braiden gritted his teeth then looked at me then back to the man.
"Yea Shawn we are still on for breakfast."
"Sweet." Braiden turned around and grabbed my arm and rushed us both out of the police station and to his car.
We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before he started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot.
"You know it's not a date right?" He questioned.
"You don't have to explain to me Braiden... it's not like I'm your boyfriend or anything." I said with a slight annoyed tone. He stopped in front of the house but just before I grabbed the handle he locked the door.
"Look can we just talk?" He pleaded.
"What is there to talk about Braiden? We had a couple of good times then you just vanish and don't speak to me for over three months... I get it you're not Interested. Message recieved." I pulled up the lock on the car, got out and shut the door behind me. I ran up to the porch where hands aggressively turned me around and lips crashed onto mine.
He took my breath away and a warm tingling sensation ran its course through my body. Then it stopped once his lips parted from mine. He looked into my eyes.
"It's not that I don't like you Eli... I can't have you.. you're a minor and I'm a police officer.. I could loose my job."
"You know the age of consent is 16 right?"
"I know but me being a police officer that's more than 3 years older than you is a different story. I could seriously lose my job."
"Then why are you still standing here?" I questioned.
He hesitated "I-I...."
"See this proves that you don't even care." I said as I open the door and went inside slamming it behind me.