Ch. 6

I ran out of the house and out to the porch
"You didn't even have breakfast!"
"I'll call you later okay?"
"You don't even-" He got in his car and shut the door. Unable to hear me I finished my Sentence quietly as I walked inside "don't even have my number." I opened the door and went back inside and in perfect timing mom was awake.
"Hey honey how was your night?" She said nudging my shoulder
"Mom he already said nothing between us would happen so nothing happened. He fell asleep around 2 and I woke him up just about 10 minutes ago. I gotta get ready for school." I said heading up the stairs. I went to my room and got dressed for school and then I woke lily up and got her dressed and then handed her to mom before walking out the door.
"I just fed her and changed her diaper so she should be good for about 2 hours unless she decides to chase waterfalls and pees. I love you. I said and kissed her cheek before walking out the door and heading for school.
On my way to school I usually make a few stops once a week. Well.. 5 to be exact. I walked up to Jamie Lynn Morrison's house and her mom let me in and I ran down to her room in the basement. She handed me a $20 and I gave her-her moneys worth. Which was 2 grams to be exact. Then she walks with me to my next stop and so on and so fourth. so by the time I hit school I got 5 buddies and $100 in my pocket. Right before we hit the gates to school I heard braidens voice in the background calling out my name. We all turned around and I noticed my buddies started to get antsy at the sight of a man in a police uniform.
"Guys you can go braiden is harmless." They all sighed out  of relief and left.
"So this is where you go to school." I nodded a yes in response
"Can you show me to the principles office? I um.. I'm teaching a class on basic self defense in certain situations."
This peaked my interest. I was in that class today.
"Sure thing." I said and started walking with him to the office.
"How may I help you?" The lady at the desk politely asked
"Yea, officer braiden is here to talk to principal Johnson about a basic self defense class." I said
"Oh right! He'll be out in just a few moments. You can have a seat over there."
We walked over to the seats that were lined up against a big window.
"I'll stay here with you until she comes out."
"She?"
"Yes.. our principal is a woman.."
"Oh.. wasn't aware."
"Officer braiden?" We looked up and saw this woman with a small frame, she had on one of those teacher pencil skirt dresses, she had blonde hair that was done up like Marilyn Monroe, and Icy blue eyes.
We both stood up and braiden greeted the woman with a smile. She looked over at me in a questioning manner
"Don't worry I'm not in trouble I was just showing braiden to your office and waited with him. I'll be going to class now."
"Wait Mr. Woods." I turned back around annoyed. Like I didn't do anything wrong why do you want me to stay? "Since you clearly know officer braiden you can show him around." I looked at her and crossed my arms.
"What's in it for me?" I questioned
"I'll give you a no class pass for the day but you must attend the basics of self defense with officer braiden."
"And what about my grades?" She huffed
"I'll make sure that missing the classes doesn't affect your 4.0 gpa and straight a's."
"That's all I needed. Thanks. Come on braiden. I'll show you around the school and to the gym where you'll be doing the self defense class at the end of the day." He looked completely confused about everything that had just happened. So I grabbed him by his wrist and pulled him out of the office then I let go of him expecting him to follow and he did.