Ch. 15

ELIS POV
Once I got to braidens house he had me come in through the backdoor. As soon as I got inside he grabbed me by the waist pulling me Into a tight hug while sobbing. We slid down to the floor as he cried into the crease of my neck. This is the worse I've ever seen him, I didnt know what to do so I held his head against my chest and kept telling him everything was going to be okay. That I'm here and he doesn't have anything to be afraid of.
Sometime after what felt like an eternity he calmed down and we moved to his bed where he told me everything.
"I cant believe someone could do that to their own family. Especially not a 3 month old baby..."
"It was the first time I've seen anything like this since I became a police officer. It's been mostly drug busts and theft up till this point..." he got off the bed "I need a drink." I blinked a few times not knowing how to respond as he left the bedroom. After I heard glasses clink I was pulled out of my own thoughts. I got up and went into the kitchen where I found braiden slumped on the floor against the counter with a bottle of whiskey.
"

Didnt take you as a whisky drinker..." I sat on the floor next to him "well... I didnt take you as a drinker at all." He and I both chuckled. We sat there in silence as he downed about half a bottle. His words were slurred very bad an he couldn't sit up so I decided that was his cut off point. I put the bottle on the counter and I led him to his bed. I took his shoes off and tucked him in. I stood in the doorway for a bit assuming he was asleep. I turned around ready to go home.
"Wait.. dont.. dont go..." he said all wispy like so I went over and got into the bed with him and just brushed his hair with my fingers till we both eventually fell asleep.
BRAIDENS POV
I woke up to a warm feeling against my chest. When the sleep was wiped from my eyes I saw eli buried into me. I smiled then kissed his forehead causing him to move away from me in his sleep. I looked at the time 12:08 and decided I'd make breakfast and coffee... oh my god do I need coffee right now.
The first thing I did was make coffee, I'm not sure why but anytime I drink I crave coffee first thing after I wake up. After I've had 2 cups of coffee I started cooking and listening to music. When i was almost done with the last waffle elliot came in stumbling over his own feet and almost face dived into the floor.
"Wow you're so graceful in the morning." I sat a waffle on the plate he was infront of then grabbed 2 pieces of bacon and sat that on the plate.
"Oh my god this smells so good."