Ch.13

BRAIDENS POV
After my mall day with Eli I was relieved that we found a way that's comfortable for both of us. I wanted to do something special for him. I started looking around my house thinking of what I could do. I started rearranging things to make a blanket fort between my couches and my dinner table chairs. I left a big opening just big enough for the tv. I grabbed pillows and blankets and lined the floor with them to make a sort of bed. I set Netflix up in the tv and went to the movie section. I had everything ready except for the pizza. I knew from prior experience that he's a meat eater so I order a large meat lovers with stuffed crust and garlic cheese bread. Then I texted him with high hopes only for that hope to be diminished. It must be a serious issue his friend is having. I'll just have this comfy fort to myself tonight. Next time I won't order pizza till he says yes to coming over. I turned on dexter the series to watch till my pizza came. I'm surprised this place is open 24/hrs a day but lucky me I get to eat fresh hot pizza at 2 am. The pizza came, I paid, and ate it while I finished my episode then I got a text alert from the office part of the station.
Officer Asher reporting to officer Braiden: update on the woods case. 4 other family's that were unaware of the pictures and stalking want to take legal action, your first assignment of the day is to find out if the woods want to press chargers and pursue the matter further.
Officer Braiden reporting to officer Asher: copy that
Just when I thought this case was finished.. oh well I guess this is an excuse to bring Eli left over food and talk for a little while. I yawned and looked at the time. It's 3:14 am I should sleep if I have to be over there by 10 am. I put my phone on the charger and quickly fell asleep.
ELIS POV
I woke up around 8:30 to something tightening around my stomach. I looked over and realized Shawn had his face buried in my back and his arm was what woke me up. I quickly scattered out of bed falling to the ground with a loud thump.
"What the hell shawn, it's called personal space for a reason!" I yelled at him next thing I knew my door was being busted open by non other than Braiden.
"Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" He came over to me helping me up while checking out my body."
"Braiden?" I looked up at him "yea I'm-I'm good. Everything is okay." Once I stood up he looked over to my bed and saw Shawn all doe eyed wiping the sleep away from his eyes. He looked at me questioning
"He's the friend I had to take care of last night." He looked around and noticed the bowl and beers then slowly boded understanding."
When Shawn opened his eyes he noticed Braiden in his police uniform then quickly came into realization and panic.
"Dude calm down, Braiden is harmless.. most of the time." I looked over And winked at him flirtatiously making sure that Shawn couldn't see.
"Why'd you jump out of bed? It's not like you're seeing anyone. You never see anyone." Braiden and I both got quiet.
"Actually I am seeing someone Shawn, I have boundaries and cuddling with me is one that I consider crossing the line with this."
"You're actually seeing someone? Who is it? Do I know them? Is it Jason? Jason's been trying after you for years."
"No. Wait what? Jason has been?"
"You mean you haven't noticed?"
"Well he mentioned something once recently but other than that nothing." Braiden cleared his throat. "A-anyways, that's not the point. The point is I'm seeing someone in private and there are boundaries that I'd like you and everyone else to respect."
"O-ok.. I see... I'm just gonna get going now. Sorry."
"We will talk more later okay shawn."
"Yea. I'm gonna go over to Olivias for the week so come find me whenever." He said and headed out the door.