Ch. 8

BRAIDENS POV
I was caught off guard when Eli showed the class how to get out of the duck tape situation. I couldn't believe he knew how to get out of that let alone the handcuffs. He truly was something different.
"Follow what eli just did." I said and the class all got out of the duck tape then the bell rang and the class filed out. Eli was waiting for me against the door.
I walked up to him and he asked if I was coming.
"No actually I have somethings to do." He looked disappointed.
"Okay.. then can you at least sign this paper stating that I was here for this class?" He handed me a green paper and I signed it.
After the school day I decided it would be best to stay away from him for as long as possible. He's 17... why did he have to be 17? I could lose my job.. everything that I've worked hard for.. I can't give that all up... not for some teenager.
ELIS POV
It's been months since I last saw braiden.no texts, no calls, no randomly showing up, nothing. It's like he fell off the face of the earth. *ring ring* i looked over to my phone from my bed.

Jason: hey man I just got my license and wanna take my car out for a spin with a few friends. You game?
Me: yea man that sounds chill
Jason: sweet! Have your ass ready in 20.
I took a quick ten minutes shower before putting on black skinny jeans, a neon blue wolf shirt, and a pair of checkered vans with a black zip up jacket that I left undone. *ring ring*
Jason: outside.
Me: ight
I grabbed Lilly and asked mom if I could go out knowing she would say yes .
"Of course you can go honey just make sure you are back in time for breakfast." I kissed her cheek
"Sure thing ma, thanks love you." I kissed Lillie's forehead and headed out.
Jason: alright man this is going to be awesome!
I sat in the back between Dian (Dee-awn) and Ariel while Jason drove and his girlfriend Katie chose the music on her portable speakers.
"Hey." Ariel said on a flirtatious way while biting her lip. Jason looked in the review mirror and adjusted it
"Ariel you know he's gay why do you insist on trying to seduce him?" He and i made eye contact in the mirror and he winked. I just smiled and laughed a bit
"I am not trying to seduce him you little rat!" She yelled defensively. She might have a small frame but she's a fiery one. She crossed her arms and huffed.
"Alright everyone, shuffle out." Jason said after he parked the car. We made a stop to the skate park which was where we usually hung out. Well either here or Jason's basement which we usually hot boxed. I sat on a bench to watch everyone skate.
"Aren't you coming eli?" Dian asked
"Nah man I didn't bring my board." Jason came and sat next to me as he left
"It's cool I didn't bring mine either so I'll just keep you company." He winked at me again. Was he flirting? Last I knew he was dating Katie... who's here.. he put his arm on the back of the bench but it was behind me.
"So.. Katie and I split."
"You guys looked together to me." He looked over at her
"Well we still have a relationship of sorts."
"You mean a fuck buddy?"
"Precisely."
"Look j You're cute but I'm not interested unless it's a real relationship that means no seeing other people. And I know you can't handle that."
"You're right. I can't... but hey if you ever need someone to shake off that morning wood give me a call."
"Okay." I said knowing that I'd never call him for that.
About 2 hours later it was starting to get dark so we all decided to get back into the car and head back to Jason's for the night. On the way there though lights started going off along with sirens.
"Shit." Jason and Ariel Said in unison. We pulled over and everyone else was nervous was hell. I was calm we did nothing wrong. Jason kept his hands on the wheel as the officer came up to the car window and knocked on it for him to roll it down.
"Afternoon officer."
"Kids do you know why I pulled you over?"
"We were speeding?"
"No, this car was reported stolen this morning."
"Yea.. it's my grandfathers car. I borrowed it without telling him." The Officer had his flashlight on and looked into the back of the car at the rest of us. Another cop car came up and parked in front of Jason's grandfathers car.
"This car is owned by a Natalie Marie gardener, not a man in his late 60's. Every please step out of the vehicle."
We all stepped out and all four of the police officers handcuffed each and everyone of us. Ariel and I went into one car and Jason Dian and Katie into another.
"Ariel what's going on? I thought the car was Jason's."
"Shut up eli, whatever we say they can use against us." I looked at her shocked. This is the first time she's ever gotten upset with me. She and I stayed silent for the rest of the ride. They brought us all in and had us sit down in chairs against a wall. I looked at the clock. Braiden.. his shift started 15 minutes ago.. I wonder if he's still working here.. I really want to see him.