Chapter 21

Chapter 21

  --Elspeth--

Riki swung her legs as she sat on the dining room chair with a tub of ice cream before her. I was in the same predicament but my legs were merrily swinging like a child. And in place of ice cream I was stuffing my face with Reese's Pieces.

I nearly panicked when I saw my empty bowl. I poured in the vanilla milk with the delicious cereal following the same path.

"So, are you happy you followed through with it?" she asked me.

I nodded, but still felt sick to my stomach. Maybe I need to stop eating this cereal. Riki was humming to herself as she ate her ice cream and I shook my head in disbelief. My friend was just getting stranger and stranger everyday.

"Well, now that means you just have Clay right?" Riki hesitantly asked.

I shook my head, no longer wanting to talk about this. "Can we talk about something else, oh! I know, let's talk about you." I smiled.

She blushed, obviously knowing where I was going with this. 

"How have you and Osi been? Clay told me you two had a sleepover at the guy's place the other night." I smirked.

Riki's blush only darkened and she pulled a piece of light brown hair behind her ear. "We're doing good..." Riki trailed and I knew there was a 'but' or an 'and' coming. "And... I think that I might be falling for him."

Well I wasn't expecting that.

"What?" I blurted, some milk dribbling down the side of my mouth.

"I'm falling in love with Osias, but don't worry, this won't get between our friendship." Riki smiled in reassurance.

"Excuse me?" My eyes were wide in both amusement and horror.

Riki looked like she was trying to quickly recover from her outlandish statement while she scratched her head. It was her way to search for a new idea but I was sure she had none. I was proved right when she sat there, open mouthed, with nothing to say. "I think my brain stopped working." She finally mumbled.

My lip started twitching before I broke out into uncontrollable laughter. Riki looked at me appalled. I pushed my bowl of cereal away from me before I knocked it over while in a fit of giggles. 

"What's so funny?"

"Riki you completely contradicted yourself. You said, I think my brain isn't working but you would have to think about your brain not working which means it is still working because you are still thinking about it not working." I explained. She stared at me with blank eyes and I knew I had lost her within my rant.

"Come again?" Riki blinked.

"Just eat your ice cream."

She looked down at the tub and grinned. "Oh ice cream! When did that get there?"

I shook my head at my love-crazed friend.

Missy suddenly jumped onto the table and sat down on the wood while knocking came from our front door. Missy began to obnoxiously mew as she heard the knocking which prompted my legs to make a move. I sighed as I stood up from my seat to go and answer the door. Riki's humming followed me all the way to the door and I knew that whoever was on the other side of the door was going to get an earful.

When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Clay on the other side. He looked as dashing as ever in his low cut red v-neck and black pants. A dog tag hung from his neck, shining just as brightly as his milk chocolate eyes.