Chapter 5

As Katey, Gill and I started walking back to the house we were staying at for the summer; I started thinking about how lucky I am to be having this amazing summer experience with my two best friends. Aside from not being able to stop thinking about how I was going to plan this trip to LA.

** Back story time**

Katey, Gill and I meet our sophomore year of high school. We’ve actually known each other since middle school, but we didn’t become friends and start hangout until sophomore year; we’ve become in spreadable ever since. We all have our own craziness but when we’re together it’s a whole new level. We all look for adventure and new opportunities. We are the nicest people you will ever meet, but we don’t stand for any bull shit and if you cross any of us, we’ll kick your ass.

We just balance each other out, Gill is a crazy ass ginger who would run out and play in traffic and Katey is a silly brunette who would join her. That leaves me the blonde who, despite all the stereotypical stories of about “dumb blondes” I am not, I get straight A’s and I’m 29th in my class. I pick the sensible thing to do, like not run out into traffic and get hit by a car! This is why I’m the one who always has to try and control my two wild ass friends, who are also really smart their just crazy that’s all. Now I’m not a stick in the mud, I do know how to have fun and task risks; it just shows more when I’m around them because they bring out the best in me. We’re always there for each other not matter what; through the highs and the lows.

**end of back story**

As we turned the corner I admired the house we were living in. The house was actually Gill’s grandma’s house, but her grandma went down to Florida, so she said it was ok to live there for the summer, but of course we need parental supervision and all that crap because we weren’t 18 yet.  It was also the only way all our parents would allow us to come down and work here this summer. Katey’s dad, Brian, came down to live with us, along with Katey’s little brother, Dakota because Gill and my parents had work and so did Brian’s girlfriend. Gill and I weren’t even the least bit annoyed that Katey’s dad had to come because Brian had to be the coolest dad ever! First off he let us call him by his first name, which not many adult like, he’s very laid back and understanding, and yes, we’ve turned him into a 5saucer! He listens to their music and doesn’t even mind when we go into full on fangirl mode. He is also probably the only adult who could be able to handle us and our craziness.

Anyway the house wasn’t on the beach or boardwalk, but it was close enough that we could walk there every day or ride our bikes. It was a four floor town house with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, living room, kitchen, a loft and a basement. The whole house was updated and modern, but was decorated to have a beach feel, which I loved. When you walked up the front stoop and entered the house the main floor was the living room, kitchen and a bathroom. The second floor consisted of two bedrooms and a bathroom and then the third floor was the loft. While downstairs, below the main floor of the house, was the basement, with one more bedroom and bathroom. Brian had the bedroom downstairs in the basement and Dakota wanted the basement, so he slept on the pull out couch down there. As for the other two bedrooms, I agreed with Katey and Gill that they could have the other two bedrooms if I could have the loft.

We entered the house and yelled to Brian that we were home as all three of us run up stairs to our rooms to change into comfortable clothes. As I entered the loft and started changing into a softball t-shirt and ripped jean shorts, I looked around the room thinking about how awesome my friends were to let me have this space. This is because they knew the loft had a balcony that when you walked out on it, you could see the ocean. They knew that I would fight them for it so they let me have it. The balcony was the best part of the whole space. I was even able to fit a chair out there so at night I could hear the waves, I spent a lot of time out there. Aside from the balcony, the loft was also very private because it was on the fourth floor of the house. In the room there was a daybed, two chairs with a small coffee table, a desk, which I used for my laptop, and there we’re some built in shelving and drawers on one wall that I used as a dresser, there was an open spot in the middle of the shelving unit for a TV too and yes I did hang some 5 Seconds of Summer posters on the wall.