Chapter 24

***Katharine’s POV***

I don’t remember much to what happened after Luke found me; just that I fell asleep in his arms at the park and now I woke up back at the apartment in my bed, the next day. I can’t say I don’t remember what happened yesterday, I do I just don’t want too. I don’t want to get up; I don’t think I can handle seeing my friends yet, but I know I can’t hid from them forever.

I roll out of bed and put on my prosthetic since its 11 a.m. and Luke is already downstairs. I made it to the end of the hallway and could hear everyone talking, but stopped when I realized what they were talking about.

 “And you’re all going to give her some?” Gill asked.

“Yep” Michael answered.

“How much money are you going to give her?” Katey asked.

“As much as she needs to stay here.” Luke responded.

“That’s so sweet of you guys to do that.” Katey commented.

“Katharine’s family and if she can’t stay here because she can’t afford it then we’re more than willing to give her the money so she can stay.” Calum said.

“It’s going to be a lot though are you sure that you’re going to have enough?” Katey questioned.

“I don’t know, but if it means she can stay here it will be worth it.” Luke said.

“No.” I butted in, walking down the stairs and everyone turned to look at me. “I’m not taking your money.”

“You have to, then you can stay here with us.” Luke said to me.

“No.” I said again.

 “Katharine, you could be able to stay.” Gill said.

“We could go to school together.” Katey added.

“Don’t you see how great it will be?” Luke tried to convince me.

“No I can’t do that.” I said again. “It’s the sweetest thing for you to offer me that and I want to stay here more than anything else in the world, but I wouldn’t be able to live myself if I did accept it.”

“Why not?” Luke asked.

“Because I’m not going to look at you for the rest of my life and think I owe you money for paying for my college education.” I explained to him.

“Kat please-” Luke tried again.

“Luke drop it. You have no idea how much I want to say yes, but I can’t. So let’s not talk about it anymore so I can enjoy my last week with my friends.” I let out in frustration.