[12.00] [October 15, 2015]

The door clicks.

He bursts through it, his eyes like sunshine, moving over to the cot, eager to show me the next greatest thing.

"I finished it."

He hands me his sketchbook, I feel wrong opening it so I sit and stare at it.

"Go on."

I flip open the cover, the cardboard soft in my hand. Small, quick sketches fill the page. It takes me 5.34 minutes to realize that it is me 89 times over, the whole book filled. Each figure is marked by a dark shadow around the nose and mouth. He didn't draw in my mask, simply shaded in what he didn't know.

I look up at him, unsure what to say, but grateful all the same.

"You can keep it. I checked with Fury, they'll let you."

I am now in possession of one item.

"You're welcome." he pauses, "Sorry that sounded rude, I just meant, well you looked kind of- so I assumed-"

I shake my head and attempt a smile. The mask stops me.

Don't do it. You know this is a bad idea.

It doesn't matter anyway, he understands you.

Leave me alone.

I will kill him this time.

I am stronger than you now.

You lie.

I slip my hands up to my face, tracing my jaw up to my ears. I am in control now I'm fine I'm fine I'm fine

My fingers slip under the leather, and I pull the thing away from our my face. The air is soft and cool, it tastes sweet on my aching lungs.

His face pales.

WHAT DID I DO WRONG

The door clicks.