[19.00] [October 26, 2015]

I am in my room, Steve is helping me hang pictures on the walls. They are from times I can't remember, but they make me happy. The red and blue frames make the black and white pictures seem more colorful. The walls don't seem so cell-like.

After, we lay on the bed with the windows open, listening to the rain crash outside. He tells me more about who I was when I was Real. I know so much more about myself than I ever thought existed. I had multiple siblings, who all eventually died or got sent off to an orphanage or lived on the streets. I was the only one who made it. Steve came to live with me shortly after his own mother, Sarah, died. He was small and sickly and couldn't hold a job for more than a month. I did most of the working and he always felt guilty.

I was, no, am funny, sincere, and hard working. I had have a drinking issue, which we constantly debated if it was an issue or not. One time, I came home and filled the sink with hot water and made a sinkful of coffee. The story makes Steve laugh. Other times I would come home and scream and cry, whatever I had drunk to forget was not forgotten.

I had, no, have an affinity for the sciences, always stopping by a convention or expo when I got the chance, picking up every last book at the library, annoying Steve with random facts from nowhere.

We do this a lot now, and I like it. It helps me remember, and I think it helps my ghost-boy process what miracle has happened. He talks and I weave the words into my blanket of memory.  

There is a commotion outside the door, laughing, talking, the thud of boots. Steve jumps up and pulls the door open, then looks back at me, a grin on his face.

"What is it?'' I ask, but he doesn't respond, he just walks out the door, motioning for me to follow. I slip off the bed and keep behind him as he walks into the hall. There are two men that I haven't seen before, laughing and talking to fire-girl and Clint. One, a muscular man with dark skin and a deep grey metal uniform, a vest that hugs his chest, red and gold streaks perfecting the imposing look. The other laughs too loudly at something that isn't very funny. He wears a red and black carbon fiber suit, holding a silver helmet under his arm. Steve points to each of them in turn.

"That's Sam" The man in grey and gold. "And Scott." The one with the helmet.

Sam looks up and I catch his eye, his grin drops for a moment but he quickly finds it again.

"Hey! You must be Barnes!"

I nod. He walks up to me and holds his hand out in a fist. I get excited, I've seen Peter do this with Tony and I know it's a sign of mutual friendship. I bump my fist against his and he smiles just a bit wider.

"I'm Sam."

"Bucky."

"I think I'll stick with Barnes for now." He says he needs to go shower, and he walks away. Scott expresses his desire to go home and he leaves too. Fire-girl catches my eye before slipping into her room and closing the door. Clint grins and walks out towards the kitchen. Steve walks into his own room. I am alone.

I walk down to the end of the space, past the couches, past the kitchen table, past the refrigerator, and out the blue door at the end of the hall. Down a half flight of stairs lies a gym. It is large, with a wide open space in the center for whatever exercise the team concocts next. Machines line the walls. It is quiet.

I attack a punching bag until they call me up for dinner.