[25.00] [November 4, 2015]

(Trigger warning)

He follows me.

He keeps close, metal fingertips occasionally grazing my side. No one can see him but me.

I am Haunted.

He quietly holds the door closed when I go to eat. He whispers 'Быстрее' when I am running too many laps. He makes me mutter 'I'm Fine' when ghost-boy or someone asks if I am okay. He watches me beat a punching bag late into the night, smiling at his success. He is happy and I am tired.

I am tired of many things. I am tired of change. I am tired of the whispers as people pass. I am tired of the thoughts late at night. I am tired of the metal of my left arm. I am tired of the sleepless nights. I am tired of pretending. I am tired of me.

It is 23:00. I am standing in front of my bathroom mirror, trying to find scars that I don't remember forming. He stands just behind me, watching me through the glass with his dark eyes.

You ought to have died from that one.

I know. Nobody takes a slug like that to the chest and lives.

Look at you.

What.

It's embarrassing.

I know. Stop telling me this.

I won't. You know that.

Shut up.

Shh. I'm in charge here.

No you're not.

When was the last time you made a choice without my say.

Get out of my head.

This is my head now.

Shut up.

You may be able to speak and move and feel but I am still in control. I still call the shots and I will kill you.

Get out.

I hadn't noticed the fingers of my real hand embedded into the glass. Into his face. A lone drop of blood finds its way to my elbow.

"Get out."