[44.00] [December 11, 2015]

He takes me into the lab.

They sit me on a table.

They try and break me and pull out my wiring and hurt and bleed and scream

I am malnourished. I am chunks taken out of my legs. I am not enough body fat to keep me warm. I am over exhausted. I am should have gotten stitches a month ago. I am 130 lbs minus the arm. I am what they don't understand.

I don't respond to the questions. I don't listen to the pleads. He stands behind me, metal clamped over my mouth. I can't breathe. I don't breathe. I want him gone but I can't push him away so I want me gone too.

Bruce wants to send me back to the prison hospital, but Tony says I'm an adult and they can't legally make me do anything. Steve argues I should be hospitalized as a danger to myself. They argue and never ask my opinion.

They don't see the frost glazing over my eyes. They don't see the snow floating down. They don't see the ice encrusting my world.

I do not want to be locked up again.

"Bucky."

My name pulls me out of the dark and cradles me in its arms.

"What do you want to do...?"

I stare at him. His eyes are full of too many worries.

"Bucky. Please just let us get you help."

I do not want to fight them anymore.

"Whatever you say, ghost-boy..." My voice slips off my icy tongue and hangs in the foggy air. They look into me for a moment, catching a glimpse of a world they didn't know existed.