[47.00] [December 20, 2015]

Peter is staying in the tower for the next two weeks, it's his break. He blows away the clouds hanging over everyone, bringing the team 'pre-Christmas' presents, because he's staying with Aunt May for the actual Christmas day. He brought me a beautiful leather hardcover notebook with a smooth black pen. It's the nicest thing I own.

Twinkling lights adorn the walls of the tower, tinsel sparkles from the windows. A large tree has made its home in the commons, covered with homemade ornaments which have obviously endured years of use. It's a tradition that on Christmas Eve everyone gets together and makes a new one.

Spiders and arrows and stars and intricate sculpted figures make this place seem more like home than it ever has. Multiple 3D printed ones, belonging to JARVIS, bring bright neon colors to the deep reds and blues. I like to sit next to the large tree and look for new ones I haven't seen yet, and guess who they belong to.

Pepper and Nat and Wanda spend hours in the kitchen making sugar cookies. They won't let the boys touch them.

Snow falls gently on anxious streets, ice hangs from the shop windows. Everything is right for a few days. It's nice. It's like a movie.

But he is still here. He still whispers and prods and tears at my head. I pile on another sweater but he still finds his way in. I want to tear him out of my chest, to break my ribs and break in and pull him out and kill him. But I cannot so I wait. If I kill him, I kill me and Steve wants me around for Christmas.

Instead I wait.

I wait through the sleepless nights that keep me shaking with things I want to forget. I wait for the morning that will only bring more snow and frost and ice. I wait until I can go.