Chapter 30

Chapter 30

  I know I am supposed to regard Chris' words now, but I don't because he no longer looks like the vulnerable, human Chris that I am so used to. His once soft, blue eyes now reflect the hotel lobby perfectly and his skin is flawless. Not many things has changed about him, but there is a whole new air to him.

   This is no longer is the same Chris I know.

   "I'm going to help you." Chris says sharply, "If not, I'll expose you guys to the media." He raises his hands up, "I'm living proof!"

   Jared stands and folds his arms over his chest, "You wouldn't."

   The atmosphere became thick, but I knew it was clear that he most certainly would. People began to stop and stare so I stand between the two muscular men and face Chris, "You're in."

   Jared shakes his head, "Whatever, as long as I get the Chemical Y in the end of all this bullshit."

   Chris nods his head in approval, "Now, what's next?"

   ***

   Light.

   When she opened her eyes, that is the first thing she saw. Then she heard voices that sounded like they were miles away. Where was she? Who was she?

   She closed her eyes again and when she opened them again she was in a pretty room. A luxurious room which she immedietely recognized. This was the holding cell for the parasites they experiment on.

   She abruptly sat up and her eyes went wide. She was back in the AIO quarters and they were going to do something to her--if they hadn't already. Courtney wasn't dead, in fact she was very, very alive. Her memory started to return and she was slowly remembering that something very, very horrible was taking place.

   "Glad you're awake." Courtney instantly recognized that voice. It was Jake Wilson, the only offspring of AIO's owner, Richard Wilson. "Now you can be awake to see what's really going on."

   Meanwhile, Tammy ran past the pure white halls. Jake--which was the name of her gorgeous saviour--had garaunteed her that she was safe and that by now all of the security cameras would have been disabled. She only had a few seconds to get to point A, which was the woman's bathroom, then after that she had to wait for his signal and she could continue on to the exit.

   She only had one chance to do this, and she had to make sure nothing went wrong.

   She ducked into the closest bathroom like they planned and she pressed herself against the wall by the door. Now, all she had to do was wait.

   Meanwhile, Jared held the needle with shaky hands. It was only a few centimeters away from Jessica's heart and this time, he was scared. For some reason, he didn't want to hurt her even though giving her back her powers should have been a good thing.

   "Hurry up." Jessica's dark brown eyes flared with frustration, "We've already wasted too much time." She spat. She was sprawled out on the bed in the penthouse suite and Jared knelt beside her with the long, sharp needle held tightly with two hands.

   Chris took in sharp breaths and he refused to look at them, "Just do it man."

   Jared sighed and closed his eyes tightly, "Here we go." His words came out sounding like a breath. He plunged the needle into her heart and was almost deafened by her scream.