Chapter 2

We landed in Houston a few hours ago by private jet and we drove to a small cabin surrounded by trees and a body of water that circled the perimeter of the land. A large metal fence surrounds our home as well and gives us ultimate privacy. It is like a fortress. 

   I am now brushing through my hair and getting ready for my first day at Eastwood High. My room is extrememly spacious with tinted windows that surrounds one side of the wall which allows me to see any possible threats approaching. The only furniture I have is a bed that I hardly use because sleep isn't neccesary to my system, and a small closet that holds a few pieces of clothing that are dull and unattractive which serves the purpose of helping me "fit in".

   If I had the choice, I wouldn't want to even step foot in high school, but I have been taught to keep my opinion to myself; after all, only humans should have the ability to voice their thoughts. I am just machinery that is meant to be used. 

   The breakfast table is always awkward--yes, even machines like me can feel awkwardness. My mentor (or in other words, Mr. Yohamada) hardly says a word, unless it is to lecture me or to speak coldly to me. I have the ability to eat normal human food, but the moment it enters my stomach it is practically pulverized and nothing but oxygen and gas is left over. So I usually eat whatever Mr. Yohamada has set in front of me which is usually chemically and genetically altered to fit my needs. 

   "I hope you understand everything I've told you." Mr. Yohamada says without looking up from his food.  He has a fork in one hand and a knife in the other, cutting carefully into a delicious looking omelette on his plate. 

   "I understand." I said stiffly and hastily. I really don't want him to try to replant his lecturing words into my head even though every single sentence he's ever spoken automatically plants itself into my brain, never to be forgotten. 

   "Good." He says, closing the conversation. 

   I sigh and focus on my stale cereal and watery milk wondering what real food tasted like to a human. I wanted to know what it was like to be a human, period. 

   ~~~

   Chris walked into school with his trademark grin and swaggin' stride. If swaggin' was a word, that would describe him perfectly. Yeah, he was the man and he knew it. Eastwood High was his school, everyone knew him and loved him. He was the head of the basketball team and quarterback as well, not to talk about track and practically any other sport you could think of. The girls always swooned over his soft, yet electric blue eyes and enticing grin with dimples on each side of it. His sandy blonde hair which was spiked up in the front completed his sexy, beach boy look which made the ladies swoon even more. He was everything a girl could ever ask for, and he knew it. 

   "You're early today." Dinah, the barbie to his ken, moved in beside him and grabbed on to his arm. 

   "Yeah, just for you." He smirked at her and checked her out in his own discrete way. She looked beyond sexy today with her tight, black, designer jacket and leggings that were probably hiked up too high, but he didn't mind; he liked the view. Her long, golden blonde hair fell into curls down to the small of her back; that was probably the feature that she had that he enjoyed the most, well, besides her body. 

   "Yeah, I bet." She repled dryly, rolling her eyes. She knew that he was a playboy to the largest extent, but she still went for him anyways; just for fun. 

   She stopped at her locker and he leaned against it, blocking it and folding his arms across his chest while smirking down at her. She put her hands on her hips defensively, "Move out of the way, Christopher." She used his full name and smirked back at him, knowing that it embarrassed him more than it should.