[06 ¤ new hair, new person]

《NEW HAIR, NEW PERSON》

"あなたはこれをやっていると確信していますか?(ARE YOU SURE you're doing this right?)" Rino asked curiously from her standing position in the doorway

"あなたはこれをやっていると確信していますか?(ARE YOU SURE you're doing this right?)" Rino asked curiously from her standing position in the doorway. Her eyes followed the movement Ko's hand made, massaging the blue dye into Mina's recently bleached hair.

At Rino's remark, Ko paused slightly, obviously insulted and turned her head slowly to glare up at the brown haired girl.

"私はこれをやっていると確信していますか?(Am I sure I'm doing this right?)" Ko repeated. Rino, at Mina's wide eyed look, hastily tripped over her words.

"私 - そうですね - はい - だから私はちょうど...(I-Well, I mean. Okay. So- It's a- I was just...)" Rino looked helplessly at the sitting girl between Ko's legs, her hair pulled up and the coloring almost done. "ミーナは私が何を話しているのか知っている.(Mina, knows what I'm talking about.)"

"What, I-" Dragged suddenly into the fued, Mina pulled her head out of the clouds and observed the tense face of Rino and the offended one of Ko.

Mina could understand how Ko would feel insulted, the energetic girl was always having to prove herself to her peers and her parents, and she was used to dealing with the traditional assholes who stared and whispered. Her close friends, Rino and Mina, were the only ones Ko felt she could trust and they had never judged her for any of her brash style choices. So to have Rino show little faith in her obviously hurt Ko but Mina personally thought the redhead was overreacting, if just a tiny bit.

But to say that to the butthurt Mariko would be suicide for her hair and as the teen really didn't feel like killing her long locks just yet, she instead chose to change the subject and quickly.

"誰がおなかがすいていますか?(Who's hungry?)" Mina asked fake and enthusiastically. With those words, the friend's small argument evaporated into nothingness and Rino and Ko both looked at her with renewed interest.

"すき焼きに行くことができた.(I could go for sukiyaki.)" Rino commented, her posture once again relaxed.

"いいえ、寿司. (Noo, sushi.)" Ko encouraged, her blue fingers gently pulling the strands of Mina's hair and making sure they were evenly coated in the dye.

"スパイシーチキンうどん.(Spicy chicken udon.)" Mina added and all three girls sighed in unison. Rino turned to the sitting girl again and raised her eyebrows.

"あなたはまだお金を持っていますよね?(You still have some money, right?)"

At Mina's reluctant nod, Rino's thick eyebrows disappeared completely underneath her black bangs and her lips pursed, stretching the two moles above and below her mouth.