[15 ¤ ghost mode: on]

《GHOST MODE: ON》

SCHOOL THE FOLLOWING Monday started out on an awkward note

Fresh off their huge fight on Friday, Mina and Peter made sure to avoid each other.

But unfortunately, even in a place as large as Queens, that was still quite hard to do. Especially considering they rode the same train, lived in the same apartment building and took many classes together.

But nevertheless, the two did their absolute best to ghost each other and they were doing quite well, given that all the odds were against their favor.

Mina had caught a late train instead of her usual 7:30 one, ensuring she would not be encountering Peter any time soon. It had worked out well for her and she had not seen him the entire train ride, ensuring her day was off to a good start.

When she reached school, Mina figured she would simply keep her head down, avoid looking around for Peter and make it through the week. Somehow.

No matter what the day threw at her, Mina would just deal with it.

She was fairly certain nothing else could make her be as angry as she was with a certain brunette right now. No matter what happened, she couldn't feel more hurt or betrayed, so she took this information and let it comfort her, if only briefly.

Being honest, she didn't fully believe it, even as she tried consoling herself. Life was infamous for throwing more punches at you when you're already down, bleeding and broken.

And when the Japanese girl walked past the large entrance doors of Midtown High, she realized she was right to doubt the sappy saying.

Because low and behold, there he was.

Standing next to the cafeteria doors talking to Ned, head bent slightly downwards and dressed in one of his usual put-together outfits.

He appeared to be in deep conversation with the chubby Filipino boy, his face eager and excited. However, he must have sensed Mina's stare, most likely thanks to his spider senses and he turned his eyes to meet Mina's.

Almost instantly, as their eyes connected, Mina felt all thoughts and feelings fall away from her, almost like she was drained of her entire being. She felt cold and hot at the same time, not wanting to keep staring at the Parker boy but not being able to glance away.

Then, as Peter quickly looked away, fresh hurt and rage filled her and Mina thinned her lips. Despite him being the one to deliver the most last, painful blow of their fight, it seemed like he still wasn't going to apologize first.

Mina had planned on apologizing to Peter, and Ned for that matter, for saying hurtful things and for ghosting them. But that would've only happened after Peter apologized to her and not the other way around.