Chapter Eight: Emergency Trips.

Alisha

I put Aurora in the backseat of Peters car and lock her in, shutting the door and getting in the passenger side, before Peter could say anything I began crying.  

"Why am I not good enough?" I ask him, "Rafael leaves, Sonny cheats on me," Peter looks at me, "Ali...I'm so sorry..." "I just don't understand what I do so wrong?" "You don't do anything wrong Ali, let's get back to my place so you can rest," he says. I nod and he begins driving.

The sun is already coming up and I sigh, "I might call into work today, I don't think I can face everyone yet," I say. Peter nods and after about 15 minutes we arrived at his house. 

It was nice, and pretty decent size, "Damn," I say, chuckling. I got Aurora out of his backseat. We walk into his house, "I don't have a baby room...uh.." He says awkwardly, "She can stay in the same room as me, I just need to get her a crib," Peter nods. 

"I only have one bedroom..." "Oh lord, its Rafael and I all over again," I say laughing. "What?" Peter asks, "When I first came to the city, how Rafael and I got so close was I had no place to go and he offered his apartment, a one bedroom apartment," Peter chuckles, "Go rest, I'll watch Aurora for now," I smile and thank him. 

He showed me where the bedroom was and I went inside, crawling into the bed and slowly falling asleep.

"Ali, wake up! Something is wrong with Aurora!" Peter says shaking me, I open my eyes and jump up, "What's wrong with her?" I ask, following Peter back to the living room. "She stops breathing, cries then stops breathing again," Peter says, "Call 911," I say, I pick her up and gently blow in her face, she starts breathing again but not for long. I notice she's burning up, "They're on their way," I nod and keep watching Aurora.

Soon the ambulance arrives and they take her, Peter and I follow it to the hospital. I call Liv, "Hey, are you--" "We're on the way to the hospital, Aurora can't breathe and we don't know why, tell Sonny to meet us there," "Okay, I'll meet you there too," "Okay." I hung the phone up and we arrived at the hospital.

They take her to the NICU, but they won't let us go in with her. "What's wrong with her?!" I ask the doctor, "I'll let you know as soon as we find out," he says walking back with her.

Peter pulls me into a hug and I just cry. I cry for my daughter, I cry for Sonny and I cry for myself. I just don't want her to die. 

Peter sat us down, "She's going to be okay, Ali," He says. "And what if she's not," I ask crying. "You have to have faith," Peter says kissing my forehead. 

A little while later, Liv and Sonny come in, "Where is she?" Sonny asks. "Still with the doctors, they haven't told me anything yet," 

The doctor comes out, "Ms. Miller?" he calls, "Yes?" I ask walking over to him, "Your daughter is going to be fine, she has RSV, was she having trouble eating today? Was she fussy?" he asks, "a little bit but I didn't think anything of it--" "It's okay, you're a new mom. But Aurora is going to be fine, I'll keep her here for a few days just to watch but she'll be okay," I nod and sigh in relief.

I follow him to her room, and he makes me wear gloves and put a face mask on, "Just to be safe," he explains. I go in and she's asleep, "Hi baby, mommy is right here, I'm not going anywhere I promise you.."

Peter

Sonny looks at me, "She told you didn't she?" he asks, "She did, but it's not my place to get mad," I reply. 

"I never wanted to hurt her..." Sonny begins, "But you did, and now she's questioning everything. I watched her sleep when she got back to my house, she cried in her sleep, You took the last bit of self-worth she had and tore it into little pieces, and for what? For sex?" I ask looking at him, "Because I was selfish, I didn't think of the long-term consequences, Amanda was there for me for me and I took advantage of that..." 

Liv and Ali come back over, "You can go see her now Sonny," Ali says not really looking at him, he nods and leaves. "Are you two okay?" Liv asks, "No. We broke up." Ali says, "Wh-What? Why?" Liv asks. 

"Because he cheated on me with Amanda, I ended it until he figures out who he wants," Ali explains, Liv nods. "I gotta get back to the station, keep me updated on Rory?" Liv asks, Ali nods and hugs her. We both sit down and she rest her head on my shoulder, "Why can't I just be happy?" she whispers, "Nothing ever goes right for me," 

I took her small hand in mine, "One day it will, Ali, just keep the faith," she smiles softly, and we stayed like that. Her head on my shoulder and her hand in mine, and it felt right.