Chapter Twenty-Three: It's Not Over.

Alisha

-2 months later-

I stood in front of the whole NYPD, as Liv places a metal on my police blues, she salutes me and I salute her back. 

"Detective Alisha Miller, the NYPD thanks you for your service to her city," the commissioner says, everyone stands up and claps. 

We sat at a bar down the street from the station, I wasn't really drinking anything just kind of staring off into the distance. "Someone wants you," Peter says, walking behind me with Aurora in his arms. "Hi baby," I say and she reaches for me. 

"6 months old today, " I sat steading her on my knee, "She's grown up so much, feels like just yesterday she was 2 months old," Peter says sitting beside me, "You're telling me," I say laughing. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

Olivia walks over, "Please don't tell me this is over, that I'll never see you again," she says. "Of course this isn't over, I'm still going to be around, I promise. It's not over until the fat lady sings," I say laughing. "But this is good for me, I can focus on this one more, I can focus on recovering," I say smiling.

Olivia smiles, "Just don't be a stranger, okay?" "I won't Liv," I say and hug her. "Hey, Ali, can I talk to you?" Sonny says walking over, "Sure," I hand Aurora to Peter and stand up. I follow him outside, "What's up?" I ask him, he doesn't say anything for a minute. 

"Sonny, you're scaring me," I say, "I'm going to miss you," He says softly. "Why does everyone think I'm leaving? Just because I won't be working with ya'll anymore doesn't mean I'm leaving New York, we have a kid here, I have a life here, why would I leave it?" I ask, "I'm going to miss you being my partner, even though things kind of went south for us," I touch his hand, "Sonny, you're one of my best friends, and you're the father of my daughter, things may have gone south but we're still friends, and Aurora still has amazing parents who love her," 

The door opens and Aaron pokes his head out, "They're about to cut the cake," he says, "Okay, I'll be right in," I say smiling, he nods and goes back inside. "I love you Sonny," I say and hug him. "I love you too Ali," He says hugging me back.

We go back inside and Liv clinks a glass to get everyone's attention, everyone settles down and looks at her. "Working with Ali over the past 4 years has been better than I could've ever imagined, she brought light to the station no one expected to have, she was always there when you needed a friend, and I love her so much. It was great having you as one of my detectives," she raised her glass to me and so did everyone else. I smile and raise mine back. 

Peter went ahead and took Aurora home, and I sat at the bar with Aaron. "Jack still asks about you," he says taking a sip of his drink, I chuckle. "What made you leave the BAU, Aaron?" I ask him, "I needed to spend more time with Jack, he was growing up and before I knew it he was a teenager, I had to step back and make him a priority," I nod.

"Emily spoke with me," he says, "Hm?" I ask, "She said that there is still a spot for you at the FBI if you ever wanted to go back to Quantico," he says.

"I really need to focus on Aurora, and on myself," I say and he nods, "I should be going, got a plane to catch in the morning," Aaron says. "It was nice seeing you again Ali," He says and I stand up, hugging him. "Don't be a stranger Aaron, please," I say. "I won't, I promise." I smile and pull back. 

We walk to our cars, "See you around Ali," "See ya Aaron," I say and smile.

I arrive back at home and Peter was sitting on the couch, "How was your conversation with Aaron?" he asks, walking over and kissing me on the forehead. "Good, apparently Emily told him to tell me there was still a spot at the FBI for me," I say chuckling. "Are you going to take it?" Peter asks as we sit on the couch. 

"No, I want to be here, with you and with Aurora," I say and smile. He smiles back and pulls me into his chest, 

"I love you Ali, you know that, don't you?" I nod, "Good, I don't ever want you to doubt that." "I love you too Peter, way more than I probably should," I say giggling. "I don't think you could love someone too much," "Maybe," I say and he kisses me softly.