Chapter Thirteen: New Me.

Alisha

I woke up the next day in the same spot but laying down on the couch. Peter's arm was around my waist and I smile, moving his arm so I didn't wake him. I hear Aurora crying and to her room, "Hey baby girl," I say picking her up, she smiles slightly.

I walk into the kitchen and warm up her bottle, the doctor told us she wasn't getting enough nutrients from the breast milk and gave us a special formula for her. "Good morning beautifuls," Peter says walking in and kissing us both on the forehead, "Did you change my clothes?" I ask, referring to the sweatpants and tank top I was wearing now instead of the dress I fell asleep in.

"Yeah, I tried to wake you up but you swatted at me so I changed them for you," Peter says chuckling, Aurora takes the bottle in her own hands and I gasp. "She's only 2 1/2 months," I tell Peter, "Maybe she's a fast learner," he says, I shrug as she continues to eat.

"Want any breakfast?" Peter asks, "Uh sure," "I'll make pancakes," I nod and I hear my phone ring, Peter takes Aurora and I go into the living room to find it plugged in. I smile and grab it, Rafael's name flashed across the screen. I sigh and answer it, slowly putting it to my ear.

"Hello?" I ask, "Hey Ali," Rafael says, his voice is soft. "Hi Rafael," I say, "How're you doing?" He asks me, "I'm alright, what about you?" I ask, "I'm good, I'm back in the city," He says. "Yeah, Liv told me," I say softly.

"How's Aurora?" He asks after a brief moment of silence, "She's doing good, she's 2 1/2 months now," I say. "What about you and Sonny?" I sigh, "Oh..not a good subject?" He asks, "We broke up a couple weeks ago, just wasn't working out, he still sees Rory and keeps her sometimes but ya know, not the family I wanted," I admit, "Are you seeing anyone?" Rafael asks.

I glance into the kitchen and see Peter making funny faces at Aurora, I smile slightly, "Yeah, kind of, we just started talking and everything," "I'm happy for you," Rafael says, "Thank you," I say, I hear Aurora start crying. "I have to go, Rafael, I'll see you around right?" "Of course, I'll be at the precinct today talking to Liv, if you come into work," "Okay, see ya" I say and hang up the phone.

I go into the kitchen and Aurora is quiet now, "Everything okay?" I ask, "Yeah, I took her bottle for a minute because she spit up," I chuckle. I take her back and he begins making breakfast, "Shouldn't you be heading to work?" I ask him, "It's only 6:30, I don't need to be there until 9," he says, "It's only 6?!" I ask, looking at my phone. I groan, "What baby?" He asks, and we look at each other.

"Sorry, I didn't--I didn't mean to call you tha--I.." he starts, "Peter it's okay, I like it," I say smiling, I sit Aurora in her bassinet next to the table and wrap my arms around Peter's waist and look up at him. "I like when you call me baby," I whisper. "What about baby girl?" He asks looking down at me, "Mmmm, even better," I say smiling. 

He leans down and kisses me softly, then pulls away. I rest my head on his chest and he continues flipping the pancakes, I smile and let go and sit back down. 

He finishes up breakfast and he sits down to eat with me, "I like this," I smile, "Like what?" He asks, "Actually eating with someone, usually Rafael would be gone by the time I got up, rarely was Sonny there," I say. "I'll always eat with my girl," he says and pushes some hair behind my ears. I bite into the pancake and stop chewing, Peter does the same thing and we both spit them back on our plate.

"Wow, I really suck at cooking," He says, "How in the world did you mess up pancakes?" I ask laughing, "Who knows, cereal it is then!" I laugh.

A couple hours later, he was dressed and ready for work, "Don't you look handsome," I say smiling as he walks into the living room, Aurora was asleep again and I was watching the news. "Shush," He says kissing my forehead, "What time will you be home?" I ask, "Probably 10 or 11, are you going to work today?" He asks, "Liv says I don't need too, so probably not," He nods. "I'll see you when I get home baby," he says and kisses me on last time, he leaves and I smile. 

I go to the bathroom and grab the box of bleach I bought a couple days ago and some hair cutting scissors and look in the mirror, my mom taught me how to do an ombre when I was a kid so it shouldn't be too hard.

I section my hair off, taking a deep breath and cutting it. I smile as I grab the chunk of hair, I finish cutting it and smile, it feels nice having a different look. I read the instructions on the box and begin coloring it, I go and check on Rory and she's still knocked out with the teddy bear Peter gave her.

After about an hour I wash the bleach out and smile at the end result, 

I go and get dressed, in a pair of skinny jeans and one of Peters 'Chicago Cubs' sweatshirts

I go and get dressed, in a pair of skinny jeans and one of Peters 'Chicago Cubs' sweatshirts. I dial Lucy's number, "Hey Lucy, I'm going into work to do some desk work, do you think you could come watch Rory?" "Of course, I'll be there in 15!" she says, "Thank you!" I hung the phone up and go into the living room, slipping on my van's. 

Just like she promised, Lucy was there within 15 minutes, she has Noah too. "Sorry, Liv asked me to watch Noah too," "It's fine, I'm sure Peter won't mind, thank you so much." She nods and I hug her softly. 

I call a taxi and head out, ready to surprise everyone with my new look.