Chapter Twenty-Four: Goodbye.

Alisha

"Emily, I don't know," I say, passing my kitchen. "We could really use you on the team," Emily says. "But what about Peter and Aurora?" I ask, "They could come down and live too," "Aurora's father is in New York," I say sitting down at the table. 

I put the phone in speaker, "It's up to you Ali, I'm just saying there is a spot for you if you'd like to take it, I have to go, talk to you later?" 'Yeah, I'll call you later," "Alright, bye," I hang the phone up and sigh. 

"What was that about?" Peter says, startling me. "FBI," I say simply. Peter sits down in front of me, "Ali," he says and I look at him. 

"I'm...I've been asked to come back to Chicago.." He says softly, "What?" I ask, "I don't belong in New York, and I've been asked to come back..." "And you took it, didn't you?" I ask, he nods slowly. 

"I just may take Emily up on her offer then," I whisper, "Move back to Virginia, stay with her for a bit, I just, I don't know what I'll do about Aurora," I say. "Talk to Sonny," Peter says, "Does this mean it's over for us?" I ask, my voice breaking.

"Unless you're willing to do long distance..." Peter says sadly, "I don't think either one of us could handle that," I admit. 

"I love you," Peter says, "I love you too," I say and smile at him. He kisses me softly and I smile, "I'll call Sonny, see if he can talk," I say.

-An Hour Later-

I sat at a cafe right outside the precinct, Aurora sitting in my lap. I had already called Emily and told her that I'll take her offer, I'll be on the plane tomorrow morning. 

"Hey, everything okay?" Sonny asks, sitting down quickly. "Yeah, yeah," I say and smile, "I--I'm going back to Virginia, I took a job offer working at the FBI again..." Sonny sat back, "What? What about Peter?" "He's going back to Chicago." I reply, "What about Aurora..?" "That is what I wanted to talk about,"

"Are you taking her with you?" He asks, "I am, but, I'll come back to visit, I promise, and you'll have her every other holiday," I say. "But, I won't see you," Sonny says looking down. I sigh, "All I ever wanted was to be a cop, I can go back to being an agent if I go to the FBI, I'll be doing what I love," 

"I understand. I do. Go. Do what you need to do, alright? I'll be proud of you either way...even if I do miss you like crazy," Sonny says smiling. "I'll miss you too Sonny," I stand up and he does too. I hug him tightly, "Thanks for the best 4 years Alisha Miller," "You too Dominick Carisi," 

We walk back to precinct together, so I can say goodbye to Olivia, Amanda, and Fin. I walk in and my heart is heavy. 

"Hey Alisha," Amanda says and smiles, "Hey, can I talk to all of you?" I ask, Olivia comes out of her office. 

"I took an offer in Quantico, I'm going back to the FBI," I say, "What?" Fin asks, "I need to do what I love, and I can't do that here," 

"We understand...but we're going to miss you," Olivia says, pulling me into a hug. "I'm going to miss you guys too. So much," I mumble against her shoulder. I hug Amanda and Fin as well. 

"I'll come to visit, I promise," 

"You better," Amanda says. I smile as a few tears fall down my face, "Thank you guys, for making the past 4 years good," I say. "I love you and I'll miss you," I say. "I have to go pack." I pick Aurora up, walking towards the doors of the precinct. I turn around, and look at my best friends. 

"Goodbye Alisha Miller,"

"Goodbye.." 

THE END.

Thank you guys for all your support, I'm sorry if it seemed rushed my heart is just not in this story anymore. I love you guys.