Chapter Eighteen: Work Problems

Tord's POV

After we got home from work, I went straight to my room to be upset. Edd called for me, but I ignored him.

There was a soft knock on my door.

"Come in." I said. The door opened quietly, and I sat up to see who it was. It was Tom.

"Do you need something?" I asked, careful to keep my tone polite so it wouldn't sound rude.

"Are you still upset about what happened earlier?" He asked quietly.

I sighed, and nodded my head.

"He had no right to treat you like that!" I said angrily. Tom sighed

"Not to be rude, but let it go. He will probably get fired, and we'll never have to deal with him again." Tom said calmly. I sighed again, but louder.

Finally, I nodded.

"I'll let it go, but only because you asked.."

"Promise?" Tom asked. I chuckled.

"Promise." Tom suddenly gave me a hug. I obviously hugged him back, but for some reason, it made me sad.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to stop him earlier.." I said quietly, still holding onto him.

"Hey. It was not your fault. You had no clue, it's okay." He said sternly. I turned my head a little bit to look at my clock. 19:40.. It wasn't that late, but I was tired nonetheless.

"Hey I'm going to take a nap, so unless you want to join me, I'd suggest you leave. I'm not arguing if you want to stay though.." I said. I got a soft punch in the arm, followed by a laugh.

"Maybe some other time, commie." Tom stood up, walked to the door, and waved me 'goodbye' and left. Once the door was closed, I was angry again.

Who does he think he is?! If he shows his face at that café again, he won't have a face! That little-

You're breaking your promise. I stopped thinking about beating Marcus's face in, and calmed down.

Maybe taking a nap would help.

---Time Skip To The Next Day---

I woke up to my alarm.. Again.. I dragged myself out of bed, and got ready. I walked into Tom's room and gently woke him up.

"Tom, come on, it's time for work." He groaned and slapped my hand. It didn't really hurt. I shook him a little bit harder.

"No avoiding this, Tom."

"I knowww." Tom grumbled, but finally got up.

"I'll leave you to get ready." I said, and walked out the door. I went downstairs, and decided to make some breakfast.

5 minutes later, I quickly made some smoothies, and knocked on Tom's door. He swung it open, and looked at me holding two smoothies.

"I'm assuming one's mine?" He said, taking a smoothie.

"No, I made two for myself." I said sarcastically. He looked at me for a moment, when I realized he was rolling his 'eyes' at me.

"Just because I can't see you rolling your eyes, doesn't mean you're not rolling them." Tom looked at me with surprise.

"How did you even know?!" He said, in shock. I rolled my eyes, and turned away. I grabbed the keys off the table, and walked out the front door, Thomas close behind. Time for work.

---Time Skip---

We arrived at work a little bit early today, 7:15. As we walked in, I noticed Jamie, sitting at the table, and chatting with Charlie. No Marcus. Good.