Chapter Five: The Fair

(Hey so, i keep forgetting to give the chapter a title, so sorry if it doesn't have one, i'll most likely fix it later when i notice it, so enjoy the chapter)

Tom's POV

We all went out into the car, and got into our usual spots. As the car started moving, I looked out the window at the passing houses. I dozed off for about ten minutes before Tord tapped on my shoulder.

"What." I said, kind of rudely

"Gosh, why so rude?" Tord said, he looked like he was trying to get on my nerves.

"I didn't really enjoy waking up early today.." I said snappily. I put my earbuds in, and ignored Tord. After ten minutes of me actually enjoying myself, Tord tapped on my shoulder again. I swear he's just like a little kid..

"Whaaatttt..." I said, annoyed.

"Wanna play a game? I'm bored." Tord said. I shrugged.

"How do you play?" I asked

"Well, you find a weird looking car." Man, that sure explains a lot...

"What happens when you find one?"

"You get to punch the other person." He said, smirking at me. He knew I liked challenges and games along those lines.

"You're on."

---Time Skip---

"We're here!" Edd called from the front. Tord and I just stopped our game. We had bruises along our arms, The bruises were on my left arm, and Tord's right arm.

"Ow that sure looks like it hurts!" Matt said to us. I nodded and rubbed my arm, and shot a glare at Tord to make sure he knew I wasn't happy at all. My arm really hurt. Tord looked at me glaring at him and mouthed 'What'. I shook my head and walked off. We all got out of the car and Edd locked it (Stay safe kiddos).

We walked into the fair. There were rides that didn't look all that safe. It smelled like popcorn and sickeningly sweet cotton candy. There were lots of games, and prizes. I looked around, gazing at all the things, and the people enjoying themselves. I turned to ask Edd what we should do, but he and Matt were gone. All that was left was Tord. Darn. I was still not happy from my lack of sleep, and my hurt arm.

"Matt and Edd abandoned us, probably to go on a date, so what do you wanna do?" I asked Tord. Tord looked around and shrugged.

"Well, I guess we could play a game" I suggested.

"Yeah, okay." Tord said. After that, we walked around the fair, looking for fun games, and cool prizes. After a while, I saw a little cat stuffed animal, it was at a balloon popping game. The eyes were really large, and black, so it looked like me a little bit.

"Hey, want that cat? It kinda looks like you!" Tord said, and snickered at the resemblance.

"Nah, not really" I lied, turning away from the game. Tord scoffed and turned to the guy attending the game.

"How many balloons do I need to pop to get that cat?" Tord asked the guy.

"It's 20 balloons, sir." The guy told Tord. He looked at me put 20 dollars on the counter. He then took the first 5 darts the guy provided. He hit 4 balloons. The next round, he hit 5, then 3, and finally 4. He hit 16 balloons. He took out more money, and gave it to the guy. At last, he hit all 5 balloons, and gave Tord the stuffed cat.

Tord turned and handed me the cat. I shook my head.

"Take it, I got it for you, because it looks like you!" He said, putting it on my head.

"I don't want it, you won it!" I hissed

"See?! You even hiss like a cat!" I sighed and took the cat. I actually really wanted that cat. I'm pretty sure Tord noticed how happy I was that he gave the cat to me.

"Hold it up to your face" Tord said. I obliged and put next to my face. Tord took a picture. I sighed again, and started walking. Tord quickly followed.

Tord's POV

While Thomas and I were walking, I changed my phone background to the picture of Thomas that I just took.

"What do you wanna do now?" Thomas asked me.

"Let's go on a roller coaster!" I cheered. Thomas shook his head.

"That looks way to unsafe."

"Someone scared of heights?" I knew that this would get him on a roller coaster. He looked at me with a determined face.

"No. Let's go on the tallest ride here." I nodded and looked around. I pointed at the Ferris Wheel. Thomas quickly ran towards it, he's tiny, but he's fast. After running for a bit, we finally made it. Thomas was panting, but I was fine. His legs are tinier than mine after all.

Edd and Matt were just ahead of us, and Edd spotted us. He and Matt came back to us.

"Hey guys! When did you get here?" Edd said to us. Thomas answered Edd before I could.

"Well, after you and Matt abandoned us to go on your date, we played games and then came over here." Edd's face flushed, and he quickly changed the subject.

"Did you win anything?" Thomas' face lit up, and he pulled the cat out of his hoodie pocket.

"Tord won this for me because it looks like me!" Thomas said, holding up the cat. Edd shot me a look that said 'yeah, sure.' sarcastically. I avoided eye contact with Edd.

"So what did you guys do?" I asked to Edd and Matt.

"Oh! We had a great time! We went on rides, and played games, and had food!" Matt said excitedly.

"Wow you guys did more than us!" Thomas chuckled. The lady attending the Ferris Wheel let us on the ride, this Ferris Wheel had seats that fitted four people, so all of us fit into the cart. The ride started taking us up, and I looked to Edd, he looked kinda scared so Matt was hugging Edd, and calming him down. I looked at Thomas, and he was looking at the cat plush. I sighed and looked off the side of the ride. Today was fun.

Tom's POV

I looked at the cat plush Tord gave me, then at Tord. He was looking off the side of the ride. He was nicer now, and more caring. I liked this Tord more than the old Tord. Suddenly, the ride stopped. All four of us looked at each other, confused. We were halfway up the side of the ride. I leaned my head over the railing, and then my cat fell.

"No! My cat!" I leaned over more to grab it. Tord yelled and grabbed my foot before I fell. Then the ride started again, jolting us forward. The shoe that Tord was holding onto came off.

I heard screams.

And I fell.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey thanks for reading, I worked hard on this chapter, and I hope you liked it.

I don't really know what to put here. OH YEAH I GOT 100 READS!!

Thank you guys so much, I actually am surprised that I got 100 reads that quickly, I started this book about a week ago.

Goodbye! :v

Goodbye! :v

Word count:1199