Chapter Twenty One: Goose Chase

(( @UnknownIrken  helped me write this chapter. Good Job))

Tom's POV

I was going to tell Tord that I loved him today. Today is the day. Don't back down now.

I had lots of little notes hidden around the house meant for Tord. I looked at the last note in my hand, and set it on Tord's bed. Now to leave, and not come back until I'm sure Tord has found all of the notes.

"Bye guys! I'm leaving!" I shouted from downstairs. Truth is, I was getting stuff for Tord at the mall. Let's hope he finds the letters before anybody else can.

Tord's POV

I walked into the house, and got blasted with warm air, as the season was turning to Autumn. I shut the door quickly, to not let any cold air into the house.

I took off my coat, and hung it on the hook. I walked into the kitchen, and saw a light red letter sitting on the table. I examined it, and saw my name was written on the front. I opened the letter, and read it to myself. It read:

Tord, I have finally gained the courage to tell you.
go into the bathroom, and check under the sink.

I was mildly confused, but followed the instructions nonetheless. I found myself in the bathroom, looking under the sink. There I saw another letter, light red, and had my name on it.

This is a list, you see, of all the things I love about you.
Your eyes. They are unique among others, silver and bright. 
Lots of people think they are just gray, but they're wrong.
Go open the fridge and check on the third shelf.

I did as the letter said, and found yet another letter, same as the last.

Tord, I would never have the courage to do this in person.
I love the way your accent is so thick. 
It's smooth, and deep, and I love the way you sound.
You must think I'm a creep. That's why I'm not saying this in person.
Go check under Matt's beanbag chairs.

As I was following the instructions, I began to wonder. Who could it be that wrote these letters? I thought about it, but soon, I was at Matt's room. I opened the door, and saw Matt.

"Hey, Toad! Why are you in here?" He said happily.

"It's Tord.. I just.. Lost something, and am looking in here for it." I lied. Not sure why, maybe it's because this is personal.

"Happy hunting!" He called as I looked under the beanbag. There was yet another letter

Tord, you comfort me, and protect me, without even realizing.
Whenever I'm scared, I think of your comforting words.
It helps me.
Look in Edd's room, on his animating desk.

I walked once again, following the letter's writing. I quickly made my way into Edd's room, and Edd wasn't there. Probably at work. Yep, that's right, Matt and Edd have jobs too, it's not just Tom and I. I looked on Edd's desk, there, buried under two, or three papers, was yet another envelope. This was the fifth letter. How many are there?

Tord, you know me, that's obvious. I live with you.
One day, I realized I loved you. I kept it secret.
More letters to come. Check Tom's guitar's strings.

I walked into mine and Tom's conjoined room. I went over to Tom's side, and picked up Susan, who was carelessly lied on the floor. That's strange. Tom would've handled Susan with care, so it might not be him that wrote these letters. I sighed silently, I hope it's Tom.

This would be awkward if you didn't feel the same.
Obviously I would move out.
Remove myself from the picture.
Don't do that. Look at your bed.

I looked at my bed, and saw another letter. I picked it up carefully.

This is the last letter.
Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase, but hopefully it's worth it.
Tord, I love you.
Sincerely,

---Time Skip---

Tom's POV

I was currently at the mall, looking at small gifts. I walked into a flower shop. The lady looked at me with shock, probably because of my eyes. She quickly collected herself, and said sweetly.

"Hello, sir, how may I help you?" I sighed slightly, not impressed with her attitude.

"Can I get some flowers, I don't really care what kind." 

"Would you like to look around, before you decide?" She asked. I nodded, and walked into the store. I looked around, before some purple flowers caught my eye. I picked up a bouquet, and walked to the checkout. I set them on the counter, carefully, and brought out my wallet.

"Those flowers are called 'Purple Heather's'" She said, handing me a pamphlet. "Sorry, but we have to give these to customers, with every purchase. A pamphlet with information on the flower."

"Okay, thanks." I said, paying and walking out. 

Next, I went into a toy store. I walked around, before looking at a certain toy. It was a cat plush.  Just like the one Tord got for me. I picked it up, and bought it immediately. I went into the supply section, and got some pink, and white, ribbons. I tied the pink one around one of the cat's legs, as a cast, and the white one around the head, as if the cat had a head injury. 

Now, our cat's are matching. It was cute. I walked out of the store, after paying for the ribbons.

I quickly called a cab. While I was waiting, I read the pamphlet. Purple Heather's are the national flower of Norway. 

Nice job Tom! The cab pulled up. Time to face my doom.

---Time Skip---

I walked back to the house. I was really nervous. I waited outside for a little bit, before going in. I quickly walked back out. I walked outside, and hid the gifts for Tord outside under the porch. Better safe that sorry.

I walked into my room. Tord sat there, asleep on his bed, clutching a letter in his hand. Next to him, the other letters. I carefully took the letter out of his hand. I read it quickly.

I forgot to write my name on the letter.

________________________________________________________________________________

HEY SORRY THIS IS A SHORT AN THANKS YOU GUYS.

NOW I NEED TO GO WATCH A MOVIE.

GOODBYE

Word Count: 1073

Word Count: 1073