Chapter 4

Penelope only stayed for about five minutes, (she lived a minute's walk away) and asked me one thing, which escalated quite quickly.

"Has he talked to you yet?"

"No." I said rather defensively. I didn't tell her about avoiding him.

"He told me that you're a real brat, and that you are a friendless girl, that its no wonder why. I agreed."

I glared her a deathly glare.

"Penelope, why did you come here for just this? You know what? You are a real--"

She interrupted me, and I was slightly glad because I didn't really wanna swear with my mom (who was probably) listening, but I was really angry.

"Oh, save it. Everyone knows you would be socially ruined if you fight with me. "

"You do know nobody actually likes you, right?"

"Don't push it, Meghan..."

"All you are is a self-absorbed, egotistical bi--." Now I didn't even care about my language.

"Rumors start...now" Peneolpe grabbed her phone from her pocket.

"Get out. Get out of my house. Now!" I screamed.

"Gladly. Anything to get out of this dump."

I gritted my teeth and shoved/guided her out of my room and out the front door. I peeked at my mother in the neatly decorated kitchen. She was smiling at me, whilst drying her hands off with a tea towel.

"Good bye, and good riddance!"

I said as I pushed her out the door.

"Well, sounds like you two had fun!" My mother said sarcastically.

"Oh, bundles." I replied.

I wasn't shy about any mean-girl problems I had. Penelope, however, was an exception--until now.

"Tell me about her." My mom wasn't even asking. She was demanding.

"It's fine. It's--it's just fine. Really."

Mom just gave me a disapproving look and allowed me to continue doing my thing.

I ran up the stairs and turned on my radio that was located on my dresser...my dresser was VERY messy. A mirror, makeup, clock/radio, that month's book report, old photos and other random things, that dresser held.

I stared at a photo of Lindsay and I on the first day of kindergarten. My little arm wrapped around her neck, in front of the entrance. Another picture was of my father and I at a pool together. He was mid-throw, and I had this nervous look on my face as my feet nearly brushed the water's surface. I could be very sentimental sometimes.

I went to my parent's room and looked into their closet that contained a full length mirror. In the mirror I saw things that I liked: long brown hair, normal-sized bare feet, not-very-long arms and a super skinny torso and very slim muscular thighs and calves, a fairly clear face, and captivating green eyes. And of course lips--they were full enough...

I also saw things I didn't like: a quite flat chest, a kind of stubby body and nails to match it, and a lopsided haircut that was usually up so no one could see that flaw. Then there's my nose-- it was the kind of nose that looked kinda like a ski-jump. My butt was somewhat full, but I still didn't really like it. Not that I really care about something that's sat on most of the time.

"Zach wouldn't like this, would he?" I said aloud.

"Mom, I'm gonna go to bed!" Yelling it shortly after talking to myself.

I decided I just wanted it to be Saturday. Only way it'd come fast, is if I slept through the rest of Friday.

"It's only eight o'clock! You haven't even had supper!" My mother yelled back.

"Why don't you ask Lindsay to come over?" She suggested.

"I did! She has soccer!"

"What?! Come down here, I can't hear you!"

"NEVERMIND!" I screamed as I stomped to my bed and ungracefully plopped down.

I pulled the sheets over my head and slept. It was a peaceful sleep...not!