Chapter 13

So, there was this guy named Nolan. He went to my school. He was shy, and sweet. Nolan had red hair, freckles and had a little bit of babyfat on his cheeks. Since he was really shy, I was surprised when I opened my locker, only to find a pink envelope fall out.

"Ooh. Meg's got message!" Lindsay chanted.

"Oh, hush," I commanded. "Let's se who this is from..."

My head dropped down to read whatever the envelope said. Meghan it said on the front. I tore open the envelope to read its contents.

Dear Meghan,

So, the Halloween Dance is coming up, and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me.

At this point, Lindsay was leaning over my shoulder like a volture, and this person's writing had gotten shakier and uncertain. I continued reading.

I don't usually pursue girls, but I'm making an exception for you. I have liked you for a while now, and I like you so much that I really want to go to the dance with you. Please??

Love, Nolan

"OOH! So Bella, what's your choice?" Lindsay asked, referring to Twilight.

"Of course not, Lin. I have a boyfriend--if you can call him that."

"Well, you guys have been together for a month now, so I think it'd be appropriate to call him that..." She replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, but... We've only been on..." I looked at my fingers and counted on them. "Four, five dates. That's okay though. I think I can safely say he is my boyfriend." I said contentedly.Even saying it made me shiver. Lindsay nodded in agreement.

"Has Zach even asked you to the dance yet? Or did Nolan beat him to it? First come, first serve, right?" Lindsay asked as we walked down to gym. I blushed, because Nolan actually had beaten Zach to it, so technically it would be fair if Nolan took me. Too bad for him, that I have a boyfriend. I can finally say that I have a boyfriend. Finally!

"No, Zach hasn't asked me yet, but it isn't it a given, that we would be going? 'Cuz we're, like, together?"

"True," Lindsay agreed. I pushed the door open, and walked into our terrible-smelling change rooms. It smelled like a pro wrestler tried to wreslte a perfume bottle: Sweaty and fruity. Ick.

After a very exhauating gym class, and a very boring social class, it was break.

I reached my locker, and there, taped to the front of my locker, was a bag of candy corn, and another note taped to it.

Boo mine! It said, and a picture of a ghost stood beside it. Palming my face, I ripped it off of my locker as fast as I could. Must you choose the absolute cheesiest thing you could find?! Although, the candy corn was a score, on my part. How does he even find time to do this? Does he, like, stalk me?!

Since our break was actually quite long, I brought Lindsay over to Zach's locker. He was there, chatting it up with one of his buddies. When his friends left, I started over to him, Lindsay in the caboose.

"Hey, Zach!" I greeted.

"Hey babe! Hi, Lindsay." You can call me babe, whenever you please. I thought.

"Okay, well I just thought that I would go say hi before class, but we gotta run." I blew him a kiss, and pulled Lindsay back towards Science.

"Sit with me in the usual spot at lunch!" He called after me. Without looking back, I responded with 'Kay'.