Chapter 14

A/N: Thank you for reading! I would really and truly appreciate it if you could vote for my story. I'm entering the Wattys 2015 competition! Wish me luck :)

• • • •

"You know, you've been spending a lot of time with Zach lately..." Lindsay commented, as we sat down for lunch on Friday, a week after the Halloween dance.

"Yeah, about that..." I said. Zach and I were supposed to go to his lake for a day. Even though it was the beginning of November, we'd been having extremely weird weather and it was still really warm out. But hey, welcome to South Michigan, where we have warm and weird weather.

"See, Zach and I were kinda planning on going to his lake for a day this weekend. But if you're not okay with that, then I guess we could postpone..."

Lindsay's expression gave herself away. Disapproving, disappointed, outright upset.

"How about you postpone your little vacation and we do something together."

"Lin, it isn't a vacation. Plus, we are going tomorrow, wouldn't that be a little sudden to just cancel?" Even though Lindsay was a jealous person, it's was kinda rude for her to say something like that.

Lindsay gave me a pout-lip, and I tried to look stern; like her face wouldn't break me, but I'd have to be very deceptive. Nobody could resist Lindsay's pouty eyes-and-lip combo. Nobody.

I pulled out my phone and texted Zach.

M:Hey, so Lindsay is having a crisis, and I'm gonna need to stay home with her for the weekend. K?

Z:Oh no! What happened? She okay?

M: ......she's jealous that we are spending so much time together

Z: yeah. Some crisis. I guess you can stay home. We can go next week.

M: yay! Thanks, it means more than you think. Ily!

Z: I know ;)

"You cocky son of a--" I laughed to myself before Lindsay interrupted me.

"So? What did he say, Meghan?"

"He said it's fine. So what do you wanna do tomorrow...assuming I'm sleeping over?"

"I dunno," Lindsay said. "We can have a movie marathon." I gave her a look.

"Since when are you into movies?"

"Well, have you got a better idea?" Defeated, I lowered my head, shrugged my shoulders and said no. With that, the bell rang.

• • • •

"Disney first, or chic-fliks?"

"Definitely Disney. If I want to cry, it is gonna be at the end of the night. Then before we sleep I'll feel all nostalgic."

"Good point. Disney, it is."

Music blasted out of the loud speakers in Lindsay's living room. As I hummed along with the introductory music to The Fox and the Hound, I couldn't help but think of Zach. Even though my eyes were on the screen, my thoughts were elsewhere. My thoughts were visiting Zach's perfect brown hair and his wonderful smile.

By the time I had stopped marveling at Zachs perfection, I looked at Lin, and saw a small tear in her eye. She sniffles and expressed that 'it's just so sad'. I agree, even though I couldn't tell what part we were at. All I knew was that I missed Zach, and that he was probably missing me too.

Ha! And he's the cocky one.

Then why don't you just call him? If the feeling is mutual, the why don't you just hang out?! Lindsay isn't going to die! But neither is Zach, so just be a good friend and stop over thinking this.