Chapter 11

A/N: I dedicate this chapter to sina1139 for being the first to read the first nine chapters of my story ;) PS sorry about these short chapters

• • • •

School started on a cloudy Monday morning. I walked through the doors and saw every tired face pass by me frowning. I was beaming though. That day was the day that I would go for a movie with Zach. I couldn't wait. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't hide my joy. I felt like I was the only happy girl in the world, but I didn't care. Even if my cheek muscles did hurt, even if I did look like a maniac, I didn't care. That day was the day. But of course, with great happiness, comes great difficulties.

School was so slow it felt like years. In fact, after period five, I gathered my things and headed for my locker. That's weird. Where is everyone?! I thought. A few seconds later, I realized that there was still class for period six!

"Shoot." I mumbled to myself as I smashed my locker shut. I bolted to class, hurrying towards my classroom. Luckily, Natalie was awkwardly hobbling down the hallway, muttering to herself about who-knows-what.

"Natalie! What class is it?"

Natalie snorted and told me that is was Social. Yaaaayy. I am sooooo excited... Wow. Thinking in sarcasm. Not too bad Meg, not too bad. Why am I rewarding myself?! WHY AM I STILL---UGH. JUST WALK. I emptied my mind and followed Weirdo to social.

When school was over, Lindsay came over and we decided to go for a walk.

"So, what movie are you and Loverboy going to see?"

"That's not his name."

"I know. So?"

"I don't know. He said he bought the tickets." I explained.

We kept walking along, and talking. Talking usually consumed most of our time those days. I didn't really know why. It just seemed easier than doing something. But at the same time, talking about certain things was also really hard: things that broke us, saddened us, brought us to our breaking point. Topics that were light, and happy were too boring sometimes. But they made us forget.

Whenever I think about how life could just be easier, how happy everyone would be. Life isn't easy. Anyone who says differently, is selling something. That was one of my favorite quotes. It was from The Princess Bride. It was a great movie. One of my favorites. The quote always haunts my thoughts whenever I wish for an easier life. If only I was prettier, if only I had better self-control, if only, if only, if only... But I guess I'll choose not to believe that life could be easier. Life is life, and I can't change that. All of these thoughts swirled through my head as I got in my car and pulled out of the driveway after Lindsay left. I plastered a smile onto my face and said aloud:

"Let's go watch a movie."