Epilogue

A/N: Here is the epilogue you have been waiting for. Don't tell me you forgot! Well here you go. No specific song this time. Read away!

I thumped up the stairs into the kitchen. On my way, I saw my parents' wedding photo. My mother looked stunning. Her long brown hair was hanging loosely curled just below her shoulders. My father also looked very handsome. His winning smile and blond hair was complimented by a black, fancy suit. My parents looked so happy. They were both beaming almost as bright as the stars that gleamed above them. Both of them seemed to be really fond of stars. Mom says they had many special moments in starlight, and that their wedding shouldn't have been excluded. It was their sixteenth wedding anniversary today.

"Lindsay!" My dad called. I was named after mom's very best friend. Mom always was talking about her, all their memories.

"Coming," I yelled. The dining room was decorated like something out of a jungle.

Dad stood by the stove, making plain old grilled cheese.

"Why aren't you making something special for your anniversary?"

"This is special." Dad gestured to the pan with grilled cheese, and I could see a platter filled with plain chips and two mints.

"Dad, that is the most ordinary dinner I have ever seen."

"Exactly," said Dad with a smile. He was a very weird dad. I loved him though.

"Why is the dining room a jungle?" I asked. My father frowned.

"I was going for forest..." He said disappointedly.

Mom was out getting a manicure that dad generously treated her to. She was onto him. Honestly, mom was pretty oblivious about everything. Even I could tell, and I was her daughter! I was only 15, and I had, many times, wanted to hypothetically shake her by the shoulders and wake her up.

"What's the deal?" I asked. Was there something I was missing? I knew that I wouldn't want to have grilled cheese for my sixteenth anniversary.

"You wouldn't understand." My father brushed me off and I sat by the window and waited for mom to come home.

When the door finally opened, mom snuck through the door. Dad came barreling over and covered her eyes.

"Don't look." he said with a smile spread across his face. Dad lead her upstairs. They seemed like they were in young love again. My parents' love for each other never seemed to fade or age. Playfulness kept them going.

When she came back down the stairs, my mom was all dolled up, with nowhere to go. She didn't know she hadn't anywhere to go. I'd guessed she hadn't gotten the memo. Then I realized Dad was still covering her eyes.

"Okay, now you can look." said Dad when they got into the dining room. Mom lit up when she saw the decor. She gasped and gave him a hug.

"Zach! You never fail to surprise me." she whispered and she gave him a kiss.

"Happy anniversary, my beautiful Meghan." Dad cooed.

• • • •

The End