Orphaned

Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
A Thousand Years, Christina Perri

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Through the crowd
A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carlton

My, my, my, my, oh give me love,
My, my, my, my, give me love
Give Me Love, Ed Sheeran

'Cause what about, what about angels?
They will come, they will go, make us special
What About Angels, Birdy

        I stopped around the corner of the hall and stopped, listening to Scott and his father's conversation. His father broke away, when the sheriff showed him something in a bag.  Scott looked over at me, walking over quickly. "Where's Alex?" I demanded.

"She's at the hospital. There was an incident. But she'll be fine. I'll take you to go see her later." I nodded slowly.

"Where's Kira?"

"She took off. Stiles told her about Lydia cracking the second part of the dead pool."

"Her mom's on it." he realized.

"Everyone's on it."

"Your not." Scott tried.

"Not yet. There's still another third right?" Scott didn't answer, instead his head tilted to the side and he looked over my shoulder. I turned slightly looking at the scene. There was Agent McCall, the Sheriff, the Deputy, Violet, and another cop. I tuned my ears into the conversation. McCall was asking her about the thermo cut wire, how the wire was used in over a dozen murders, how she didn't have parents, and that they were called 'the orphans'.

"Alright. We need to get into that locker, before anyone else." I nodded, confused.

        We headed into the locker room, after a lot of people left. Scott sniffed around and found his locker, while I stood guard. I heard him break off the lock. I stared down the hallways, listening. I heard what sounded like footsteps coming. "I think someone's coming." I breathed. "Hurry." I heard Scott unzip a bag. "Find anything?" I turned to look at him.

"No." He looked over to me. "Nothing."

        We exited the school and Scott drove me to the hospital. We entered the hospital and headed to the front desk, where the woman who helped me when they broke my ankle was waiting. "Follow me." We followed her down a few sets of halls and stopped outside a closed door. She unlocked the door and we followed her in. Alex was laying on the hospital bed, she had a few machines hooked up to her, and an oxygen mask on her face. I stared at her, her eyes opened and she looked around. Melissa walked over, taking off the mask and unhooking her from the machines. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've just been strangled." I stared at her again, noticing the bruising on her neck.

"Well that sounds about right. I'll uh leave you three to it." She kissed Alex on the forehead. "I'll be back later." Melissa left the room, leaving Scott and I with Alex.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't get there in time. And you- you got hurt because of that." Scott was quiet as he spoke.

"It's okay Scott, you can't save everyone. You need to understand that people are going to get hurt."

"I don't want people to keep getting hurt- or worse, killed."

"I don't think you can help it."

"Hm. Alright, then little Stilinski. I'll see you later, feel better." Scott left the room after kissing her forehead, which made me uneasy.