Chapter 23

*Unedited. Comment a mistake, and the pineapple will be thrown at you :)*

Jade's P.O.V

"Who is here for Luke Hemmings?" A man whom I assumed was the doctor asked holding a clipboard.

"We are" Liz said, standing up.

This is it. This is either the moment my world comes crashing down, or it's the moment where this horrible weight is lifted off my shoulders.

"Well there's good news. Luke will be just fine. You can go see him if you'd like to" The man smiled.

"Thank you" Liz replied. Her grin was huge and I was so thankful he was alright.

"Jade, you can go first. I'm just going to talk to the doctor for a moment. Besides, I think you two have some things to work out" She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Mikey, will you please come with me?" I asked in a quiet voice.

"Sure" He said. He walked behind be, an put his arm on my back until we reached the door. I pushed the door open slowly and walked over to him. Michael stayed just outside the door and gave me a small nod before I walked in.

"Luke?" I asked sitting down next to him and taking his hand in my own. He looked over at me, waiting for me to say something. His eyes were a gloomy grayish color instead if their normal ocean blue appearance. He looked so hurt and you could tell he was slowly falling apart.

"I am so sorry. I never meant for this to happen, Luke. I feel so horrible and broken inside, and I'm sure you feel the same. I was so stupid for kissing Louis, and I don't know why I did it. I don't love him that way, and it felt so strange to have somebody else's lips on mine. I only want your's. I get it if you want nothing to do with me for the rest of your life, but I'd love it if you would stay with me forever" I looked at him, my eyes glimmering with hope and tears. He didn't say anything, so I looked down. He hated me. I should've known. He's never going to talk to me again.

Suddenly, I felt his fingers under my chin, and he moved my head to face his. He quickly pressed his lips to mine and we kissed so passionately. My heart began to race and I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face.

"Forever, Jade" He said intertwining our fingers.

"I promise something like that will never happen again. I love you so much"

"I love you too. It hurt me so bad to see you kiss him. I thought I did something wrong, and it brought all of this pain to me, and I felt like the only way to get rid of it was to escape from everything. That was the stupidest thing I have ever done. I didn't want to die. I didn't want to leave you, and I'm so happy I lived through that. Even if I wouldn't have, I'd watch over you all the time. I would still protect you even though you hurt me. You're the most important thing to me and you always will be no matter what. I will always love you, Jade. I am never going to try to leave you again, no matter how bad things get" Warm tears tolled down his cheeks and I wiped them away and gave him a hug.

Michael walked in and stared at Luke.

"Michael, I'm so sorry" Luke apologised.

"Don't worry about it, loser. You're alive and that's all that matters" Michael said and gave him a hug. I smiled at them.

"You guys are my two favourite people. I've got my best mate and my beautiful girlfriend, and that's all I need. I'm sorry if I scared you with that. I was selfish for trying to kill myself. I know that you want me here, and I'm never going to try to leave again. I care about you too much to do that" He smiled at both of us and we all hugged. It was a wonderful feeling to have them in my arms.