Story #1: Lilly

"Don't go! Don't go! Don't leave me here!", a 9 year old boy shouts to the dying sister in his arms.

The girl gave a small smile," oh, Michael. I've always known I was going to die young, probably killed."

Michael blinked, fat tear streaming down his face. "I'll- I'll get Lana, she'll heal you. "

"No, Michael," the girl arguer," she has to heal the hero's, like Sam or Dekka or Brianna. Without them, more of us would die. Best not to waste time with me."

Michael shook his head," No! You are a hero! Your my hero, Lil."

Lil smiled at one of her pet names and took off her necklace, " Take it. Something to remember me by."

Her brother gently took the necklace. It was a cross with her name 'Lillian ' carved into it. He looked at his sister, his beautiful, 12 year old, sister. With her reddish brown hair and the brightest green eyes that he has ever seen. And she was dying in his arms.

Lillian looked at her brother with his curly brown hair and brown eyes. "Will you sing me a song?"

Michael nodded and words spewed from his mouth:

deep in the meadow, under the willow
a bed of grass, a soft green pillow
lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
and when again the open, the sun will rise

here its safe, here it's warm
here the lilies protect you from every harm
here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true
here is the place where I love you

deep in the meadow, hidden far away
a cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
forget your woes, let your troubles lay
and when again it's morning, they'll all wash away

here its safe, here its warm
here the lilies protect you from every harm
here your dreams are sweet, and tomorrow brings them true
here is the place where I love you

A single tear runs down Lillian's cheek. "You need to get it of here, Michael. Be brave, for Mom and Dad, for me. Tell-tell them how brave I was."

Michael looks deeper into Lillian's eyes. " Always. I love you, Lil"

He undid his cross, with his name, from his neck and clasped it around her neck," For you to remember me by."

Lillian smiled, more tears running down her face,"I love you too, Michael. "