Not so evil

I used to be on the bad side, but I'm not a bad kid. I was from Coastes Academy, but was sent there for bad science grades. I was one of the flankies that followed Caine to Perdido Beach, because I might be needed. I had a two bar power, I could tell what someone's biggest fears is, but, like Diana, I had to touch their hand. My name is Vanessa and this is my story.... of my death.

Smoke burned my throat. cough cough . Wear was I. The room spun. And I wake up.

Coughing, I look around the room. Just some kids smoking what ever drug, cigar, cigarette they could get a hold of. The youngest was 10. We lived in a crazy messed up world, and that was the better half of it.

My nights where filled with kids screaming out of hunger.,I had the job of carrying them out to a fire pit. Where we would eat them. If I came out of this FAYZ, I'll most likely, no definitely, will have to be put in an asylum.

I heard a ruckus from downstairs, Caine was awake.

I was walking down a hallway ,my weak legs wobbly. Kids surrounded me, one of them a crazy called Paint.

"What do you want!", I yell, my voice cracking from in use.

Paint smiled,"  food!".

Confused, I look around," Yeah, um, I don't have any food."

Another creepy girl, Lola, spoke up," No, silly, your the food."

"Wait, What!", these kids were gonna eat me. Adrenaline rushed through my veins. I put up my dukes, if I was gonna go down, I was going down fighting.

I sucker punch some guy to my left, He was so frail that he just fell over. Then everyone dog piled me.

I was down on the ground. Blood pooled out of my nose. Paint stained my sleeve.

"Leave me alone!", I scream. I was losing all hope.

Charles lifted the knife from his belt.

"Please! Don't!" Tears were running down my face. I was begging for my life.

Charles raked the knife across my cheek, and I hiss in pain. The salt from! my tears mixing with the blood from the cut.

Another slash across my thigh. I scream in agony.

Across my hands, my arms. So much blood.

Lola takes the knife and raises it high in the sky. She smiles a sadistic smile. I close my eyes thoughts racing

I hope your happy now, Mom. Now I won't have any science to fail.

I open my eyes and watch my life replay as the knife, that seems to go in slow motion, gets closer and closer.

I love you, Mom

The knife penetrates my heart. Blood chokes into my throat. I'm gasping. Blood coming out of my nose, mouth, and ears.

And I'm gone. I'll be a body that wasn't found. My Mom forever searching for her daughter's body. Forever gone from this plain, into the next. Maybe God will let me into heaven, I wasn't a bad child. I hadn't deserved to die like that. If fair justice was real I know Paint, Charles, Lola, and everyone else from the attack will roast in Hell for what they did. Maybe I did get a happy ending, I wasn't there long enough to be doomed to hell.

I feel light, I see light, I was light. God excepted me after all.