the plague ruined my life

"Hey Josh", I say

"Hey Lindsey", Josh replied

Josh and I have been living together for 7 months now because 2 is better than 1, and also the fact that we have been dating for the last 9 months.

I, Lindsey, am 14 years old, while Josh just turned 15. We've been through a lot together; chaos, hunger, and so many lies.

If we got out of here, I don't think I could live my parents. I'd been gone too long now, no one on the outside could tame the beast inside that had to come out to help me survive.

"So, how was your shift?", asked Josh

I sigh,"the usual, long and tiring."

I worked for Albert Hillsborough. Albert was the Mr. Krabbs of the FAYZ. Oh how I missed Spongebob.

Josh on the other hand worked in the fields plucking cabbages.

Coughing from outside ruins my internal babble.

The windows are boarded up, so josh and I head outside to see who the noise maker was.

The cougher was a girl named Mackenzie. Another coughing racks through her body to the wall. Mackenzie laid there gathering some strength until she sat up. Unfortunately, yet another coughing fit happened and she was once again pushed against the wall, red and pink stuff come out of her mouth.

O god, oh my god those where her lungs. I'm not kidding you, oh fudge. Crap.

I turn to Josh and cry into his shoulder and he put me into a tight embrace. Tears run down my face. I just saw a girl cough up her effing lungs, literally.

* 2 days later *

Josh has started to cough, he says it's just a regular cold, but there is nothing regular in the then FAYZ.

* 3 days later *

I was numb, utterly numb. A member of the healer's staff has just told me that Josh has taken the blow, quite literally. He blew out his lungs.

*2 weeks later*

Numb. Still so numb.

Before all this happened, I wanted to be a psychologist. (Funny that if I got out of the FAYZ, I'd need one)

Anyway, I would read about disorders and, from my symptoms, I was depressed, suicidal, and about to have a psychological breakdown.

Josh was my heart, my soul, and now I was left without one.

Today would've marked our 10 months together, I don't know why I bother keeping track. I don't know why I bother to still be alive.

*3 weeks later*

My eyes are still wide looking at it. All I can think is wtf, this can't happen, I'm only 15! And he's dead! The time period would be right, though. I-I-I can't be pregnant!

(A/n: dun dun dun! P.s. I now it said she's 14 but she had her birthday so now she's 15)

*2 months later*

I decided not to kill myself, killing myself is bad enough but killing the baby inside is unthinkable. I know it's dangerous outside, I will probably end up dying, but one can hope. Even though Hope's a silent killer.

*1 month later*

From my calculations I'm about 4 months pregnant. I'm not rotund,probably from lack of food, but whatever I do eat is healthy so maybe that'll help.

*1 day later*

Its gone! I'm finally out! I'm free!

The FAYZ barrier is gone in a flash of light. Maybe now life can get back to normal?

No, it can't.

*The very next day*

My family is disappointed in me. I mean seriously, kids 14 and younger got stuck in a dome and your upset about my pregnancy?

Teens have hormones! That's a fact! Now put no adults in the equation. What do you get ?

Pregnant teens.

I'm mean seriously, look at Diana, hers was possessed into an evil alien demon baby, but still.

Bad example.

Not my fault I'm the only pregnant teen to get out.

I remember when I got out:

Doctors, parents, reporters, scientist, alien lovers,and just about every title a human can get were there.

I remember finding Josh's parents. I went up to them and just started bawling and hugging them. They kept asking Where's Josh? Where's my little boy?

They didn't want to face what they felt was true.

Then my parents come in kinda bewildered that their daughter is crying on her boyfriend's parents. Suddenly, I'm crying on them, too.

My sobs weren't all Boohoo, no, these were wrenching, heart aching, sobs of despair.

My parents caught on pretty quickly that Josh died. They were about to say something when a doctor decides to ask to inspect my health.

I'm not crying as hard so I nod.

She starts asking me if I experienced major injury. I nod and tell her:

• Gun shot wound to the calf (kid went crazy)

• Cut marks up and down my arm (I got extremely depressed after Josh passed away. I stopped once I found out about the baby, I swear)

• bruises, cuts, scrapes ( From work)

My parents gasped at pretty much everyone of those, except for the 3rd one, but ,to put the cherry on the cake, I say," Oh and I'm pregnant, it's Josh's, except he's dead.

Ya, that got whats from both sets of parents and the doctor who dragged me away to an ambulance.

Sadly, the parents followed me shouting What did you say? Are you fucking kidding me? Are you sure it's Josh's.

Once they got to the ambulance, Josh's mom, Tracy, broke down, realizing her baby was gone.

Mom hopped into the ambulance and we drove off.

(*end of flashback*)

The doctors checked out my health and did an ultrasound to check out the baby. BTW, its a boy.

*3 months later*

I held my baby boy in my arms.

I hoped he'd never have to go through the hell I did. At least now I could say You don't like what I cook? How about I go find you a rat, I lived off those.

That'd be fun.

I drift out of my daze, the baby was sleeping.

I hoped he knows that his Dad was the warmest, kindest, man ever. I hoped that he could be half the man Josh was.

I snuggle little Josh closer.

My hell of the FAYZ was over. Now I'd just have to tackle being a parent.