10

I groaned as I felt the side of my bed dip and I slowly opened one eye as my tummy decided to loudly let the world know how starved I was. Damon chuckles as he places a plate of delicious smelling food near me and I sit up as I started digging in.

"What's up with you and Chris?" I asked, mouth full of bacon rolls; a pastry treat my brother had mastered making that consisted of sliced sausages wrapped in bacon and baked into a pastry dough.

"Its complicated." Came his short reply but he stopped trying to leave and chose instead to brace my vanity, crossing his legs as he got comfortable.

"Complicated how? Do you not like him?"

"I do, I just... I don't know if I wanna be labelled."

"Who's labelling you?"

"He is!"

"Yo, okay. Calm down, we're just talking here."

Damon sighs as he runs a hand through his hair. "Its just... I think things are moving way too fast."

"You guys have been dating for a few months now."  

"Yea and we're already living together."

"You had no problem with it before."

"I know but I just want some freedom. I wanna go hang out with friends without him getting all naggy, I wanna be able to just up and leave without him ringing my phone down to see where I am or who I'm with."

"I mean, he is acting like that because every time you leave him you end up in the bed of some random chick."

"It's better than ending up in some dude's bed. He should be grateful that I'm not shacking up with dudes."

"Look, I'm not one for relationship drama. I don't make things personal, I get what I want and move on. All I can say is... if you want out, leave. If you don't, talk to him and try work things out. Open relationships are a thing these days."

"He wouldn't go for that but that's basically what I want."

"Would you be okay if he started seeing other people too?"

"Mom! What the actual fuck?!" I snapped as she suddenly appeared by my door making both myself and Damon jump out of our skins.

"Language young man, language!" She scolded.

"Why are you eavesdropping?"

"I wasn't eavesdropping, I just happened to pass and hear the ending of the conversation and it doesn't take a kid to put two and two together."

She props her basket on her hip and settles at the door as she waited on Damon's response.

"I... it's... no?"

"So why should he be okay with you doing it?"

"Because he knows what he wants-"

"And you don't?"

"I don't know if it's the right..."

"You're still bothered about the gay thing."

"I'm not gay!" Damon snapped, then stopped as my mom raised her eyebrows and opted instead to once again run a hand through his hair. "I just really like him but that doesn't make me gay, it just makes me confused."

"Why does liking a guy makes you confused?" I cut in but honestly wished I didn't and still, I couldn't stop my mouth from blabbering like a high school girl. "I like dudes and I'm not confused.

"I know, I just meant me-"

"But why should liking someone of the same sex and of the opposite sex make someone confused?"