19

One minute I was looking at my brother as he tried to keep Chris from lunging at Damon and the next they both went down as Damon speared them.

Grabbing the blanket from off the couch, I wrapped it around my waist as I hurried to prevent what I could only foresee to be a bloody situation.

"You fucking piece of shit!" Chris shouts as he tries to get up from under Derek who was now trying to keep him down and his best friend off.

"I'm the piece of shit?!" Damon shouts right back as he pulls Derek off before gripping Chris's shirt.

Not wasting any time I ran towards them and grabbed Damon, allowing Chris some time to get away since we all knew Damon's 6'2" could crush him.

"What the hell is going on in here?" I snapped angrily, my temper still shitty from seconds ago.

"You don't get to speak." Derek suddenly snaps at me and I gave him a confused look as he breathed hard, struggling to keep Chris at bay as he still tried to get back at Damon.

We were both struggling and even though I was mad at Jon, I was way too happy to see him make an appearance, albeit shirtless; the rest of his clothes stuck to his skin, showing everything.

"Both of you need to calm down." He says in that authoritative voice of his and both myself and my twin shared shocked looks as they immediately stopped fighting and settled on staring at each other angrily.

"I can't believe I ever let you into my life... Into my bed." Chris said breathing hard but making no move to go after Damon.

"I apologized at least a thousand times but you still-"

"I can't believe I ever loved you." Chris continued, cutting Damon off and it didn't take a blind person to see the hurt on his face at those words.

Damon takes a step towards Chris but is cut off by Jon as he shakes his head. "Walk it off." He says, holding his hand out and Damon grounds his teeth before storming away.

The room was so quiet that even a pin could be heard if it dropped but no one made any attempt to move  as we listened to him storm into the room he was sleeping in moments before we heard it slam shut.

I turned my attention to Chris and almost opened my mouth to say something when he sighed loudly before he too walked away. I knew he regretted the words as soon as they left his mouth but he was hurt and in the heat of the moment there was no way they would have stayed on his lips.

He surprised us all by quietly closing the door behind him and the room still felt as though it was filled with tension even though the feud was distinguished.

"What happened?" I quietly asked my brother but his expression was once again a mixture of anger and disappointment.

"You knew the relationship was falling apart-"

"What?-"

"And you still crossed that line."

"Wait? This is my fault?"

"Of course it is! They were having major problems that we all knew about and instead of you keeping out like you should have you-"

"We didn't have sex!"

"You might have well have!"

"I can't believe I'm being blamed for him kissing me. I didn't even-"

"You made no attempt to stop him did you? And going with it is just as worse as initiating the kiss."

"But I -"

"Chris could have forgiven him for the others because they were all girls and he wanted to hold onto the belief that Damon was still  coming to terms with  his sexuality... but... You ensured that that could never happen."