Chapter 57

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

I got a knife and a glass as I stood up trying to get everyone's attention.

"Can I have everyone's attention please," I said.

Everyone in the room got quiet and looked at me.

Jasmine was sitting right beside me with Noah in her lap. Deacon and Carson were sitting beside my mom and dad. Caleb and Zoey were here as well as Gwen and her husband Dean. The rest of the room was full of other friends and my distant relatives.

Tonight was Jasmine and my rehearsal dinner. Our wedding was tomorrow and this had been a long time coming.

"I would first just like to thank all of you for coming to celebrate the marriage of Jasmine and I. When I met Jasmine I knew there was something special about her. She was so shy and that's what first drew me to her. Over the last few years we've built this family of ours. She has given me three handsome sons. She has given up her dreams in the process to make mine happen. That doesn't go unnoticed babe. I appreciate everything you do to support me and run our household. Jasmine and I have started our own business and I can't wait for us to get started as a married couple. I'd like to thank my mom for always being there for us. You have welcomed Jasmine into our family with open arms and I love you for that. Jasmine is there anything you want to add baby," I said.

Jasmine stood up and handed Noah to me.

"Hi everyone. Evan pretty much said it all but I also want to thank him. He has loved me like I thought no man could. He has been very patient with me in times when I know I've driven him crazy. Before Evan I didn't know what love was or what real family was. Thank you so much for bringing me into your life and making me apart of a real family. I love you and I can't wait to be your wife tomorrow," Jasmine said.

I leaned over and kissed Jasmine then everyone clapped.

We sat back down and everyone started eating and talking again.

"Can you not wait for momma and I to get married tomorrow," I said to Noah.

Noah looked at me blankly and reached for his momma.

I handed Noah back to Jasmine and she kissed his chubby cheeks and he smiled.

I really needed to make a mental note to spend more one on one time with my son. Noah use to want to be near me too but now he seems to only want Jasmine.

"I'm so happy for you guys. Who knows this could be Zoey and I next year," Caleb said from across the table.

"It's that serious between you two?" I asked surprised.

"Yup... I asked her to move in with me," Caleb said.

"Congratulations," I said.

"It's not too soon?" Jasmine asked.

"Come on I know Evan here had you living with him by the second date," Caleb laughed.

"He's not lying," I laughed.

"Here let me take Noah. It's almost time for his next feeding," Jasmine said.

Jasmine took Noah and stood up.

She excused herself from the table and went somewhere she could have privacy.

"I'm so happy for you guys. It's finally all happening for you two," Gwen said.

"I have you and my mom to thank for a lot of this. You two have been supportive since the beginning," I said.

"Well we'd both never seen you so happy. I remember when you wanted to bring Jasmine to my restaurant just the two of you and she was so nervous and shy when we first met," Gwen recalled.