Nothing Matters But You

Elise Clark: Hey! How's it going over there?

Me: My dad freaked out other than that I'm fine, you?

Elise Clark: Yeah... same here I got grounded though.

Me: Well that sucks.

...

Me: Do they know about me hanging out with you?

Elise Clark: No, and you?

Me: No.
_______________________

Nate's POV:

That night I went back to my house. I knew that dad was waiting for me, he always does. I open the door for some reason he was in front of me I think he was about to look for me.

"Where were you?" His voice raised.

"Um... I did stuff." I tried to stay calm.

"Stuff... for seven HOURS?!?" He shot up with a stern look.

"I just wanted to have fun," I mumbled.

"Do you even know what time it is?!" He started to shout.

Dad ruffled his hair. Pure panic in his eyes, he was clearly not having it. He won't always be with me wherever I go and he has to deal with that. I won't always be his little boy, I'm not a fucking child anymore,

"You could always ask me." He said with frustration.

"Ask you? If I did that you'll follow me."

"Exactly." He said in a fatherly tone.

"Look, Dad, I appreciate but I'M NOT A FUCKING CHILD." I snapped.

Why is he so annoying? No wonder his friends left him. I pushed my dad away as hard as I could and ran straight to my room and slammed my door. I locked the door so that he couldn't get in.

"Guh... why am I such a dick."

I threw my self into my bed and fell asleep.

*Fast forward to morning*

I wake up the next morning, last night was definitely something. I change clothes and go downstairs. I see my dad passed out on the couch, how fitting. I see a bruise on his arm, that wasn't there before it was probably from me. I felt really guilty from last night, he was just trying to protect me. I am really stubborn, we both are.

I decided to cook breakfast for the both of us. I don't know I'd like to think of this as a peace offering. I whip up some eggs and set up some bread and fucking Cheese Wiz. It may not be the best breakfast set up but it's still okay.

Dad slowly wakes up he walks over to me. I don't say anything I just sit down and eat. Dad looks at me sadly as I see his eyes start watering.

"I'm sorry about last night." He said quietly.

"Don't be, it was my fault anyway."

He looks at me, he gets off his chair and hugged me. I may not be a fan of hugs but it felt nice. We both continued eating our food. We talked about stuff, not about anything in particular but just stuff. Today is a free day but I don't wanna go out today, I rather just stay home with my dad. I pulled out my phone and began scrolling through Twitter. Nothing caught my eye in particular except for the advertisement of Pray For the Wicked. My dad looks at my phone and lets out a big sigh.

"Whatever happened to you and Brendon?" I asked.

"Yeah... I'm kinda not in the mood right now." He said.

"Humph... you always say that."

Dad looks at me guiltily. I don't understand why he doesn't want to tell me about any of it.

"Fine."

"When I was still in Panic! I was well... I was pretty reckless. Brendon and I were really good friends, we were like brothers. So basically we were bothers and we were very reckless, we lived lives in our own terms. When you got born I told Brendon that I'd take a break from the band to take care of you and I also told him I'd come back. But something happened, you see Jon Walker left. When Jon left the band, he asked me if I could help him write lyrics. long story short I kinda unintentionally formed a band with Jon, The Young Veins. I never came back to Panic! both Spencer and Brendon got upset that I broke our promise. We eventually lost contact with each other, our only mutual contact is Zack. I feel guilty for leaving Brendon and Spencer... I didn't mean to. I ended up losing a lot of people" He explained.

"Oh.."

"I didn't want to tell you because you might blame yourself for me leaving the band." He clarified.

"Why would I ever think that? Thanks for telling me the truth."

We finish our meal. We didn't know what to do, we wanted to do something but we were too lazy to go out. We ended up playing some GTA 'cause why not, what followed was some Super Smash Bros.

"The person who wins this match owes that person a soda."

"Is that a threat George Ryan Ross THE THIRD?"

"Oh yes, it is Nathan Alexander Ross!"

After a few minutes of intense playing dad eventually won. He kept on joking and mocking me. If there is anything I learned from my dad, I learned that you gotta make the most of what you got. We just stayed in for a few hours, our father and son relationship maybe "Pretty Odd" but that's what makes it amazing.

Thank you, dad.

-

A/N:

I have severe writer's block and I've been a bit down lately idk if my stupid anxiety is acting up on me but that won't stop we from writing for all you beautiful bastards.

As you can clearly see I have the softest spot for Ryan heheh. Thank you for 300 reads it means a lot.