Just Sit Back And Relax

Elise's POV:

I felt something, someone. My eyes are shut closed, I suddenly felt a pain on my side. I felt frozen in place, it's like some sort of sleep paralysis. I use all my strength to move my body. I know it sounds silly but I just used all my strength to move a single arm. I finally open my eyes, it's dark, but I slowly see the sunrise. I have no idea where I am. I move my head to the side to see a figure.

It was a man, I don't know who though. I could hear him crying as I felt his tears on my hand. He pulled me into a tight hug, it was a hug I knew far too well.

"Dad?" I asked softly.

"Darling." I could hear rejoice in his voice as he cried.

I try to fix my position on the bed. My body is aching as I pushed my body against the headboard.

"O-ouch..." I exclaimed softly.

"Shhh.. baby don't move I'm here." He said as he grabbed the phone and called the nurse.

The light was now opened. The nurse arrived and went over to me and asked some questions.

"Can you tell me where the pain is?" The nurse asked.

"At my side," I said with my eyes directly meeting dad's.

"Alright, I'll be back with the medicine." The nurse added.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"About three days." He said.

The nurse suddenly comes in with a bottle of what I assume to be painkillers.

"Let her take one every six hours." The nurse said to my dad.

The nurse left the room, it was just me and my dad.

"Where is Sarah?" I asked.

"She's in the house, she had to go because someone might break in or something." He explained.

It was quiet. He was fidgeting with my hair. There were a million thoughts circling my head, I just didn't know how to form them into words. For some reason dad couldn't seem to stop himself from tearing up, was it from shock? Or is it from happiness? I'm not really sure.

"You should have told me people were doing this to you..." He said in a sad yet fatherly tone.

"I just...I didn't want to worry you. I guess I tried too hard to be perfect... so that you guys could be happy and have no problem with me." I tried to explain using my confused thoughts.

"But darling... I'm your father, I deserve to know what's going on. Just remember you can talk to me. Telling me the truth won't hurt you, I won't get mad at you. Remember, you can always talk to me... to us." Dad said in a comforting tone.

I suddenly felt a wave of guilt and realization. I began to cry, as I stare blankly through him.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." My voice cracked.

He pulled me into a hug, why am I such a mess. I have to admit, both of us are in tears. The warmth of his hands and the sound of his voice comforted me. I didn't want him to let go, I was scared and I didn't know why.

"I'm-I'm scared." I cried out

The hospital brings back memories I didn't even want to remember. This place reminded me of him and how he hurt me and just left me there to die.

"Shh...It's Okay...you're safe... I'm here..." He repeated his words.

"C-can you sing me a song?" I asked.