Watching The Sky Fall.

Brendon's POV:

"So Ryan how's the cake?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just picked it up." He replied.

"And everyone else?" He asked,

"Zack informed me that everyone's there," I replied back.

"You guys?"

"We are on our way!"

Elise never looked any happier. Today is her day, Ryan, Sarah, and I are giving everything we've got to make it even more special. She's the reason why I'm happy, why Ryan is happy. She turns fifteen, and I couldn't be more proud that she made it this far. I haven't fully recovered yet, I still have this terrible limp but I manage. I have my beautiful wife and daughter by my side. Ryan, we've been through so much.

So our friends and family had been wanting to surprise her. She's good at sniffing out surprises but with this one, we were extra careful.

"Daaaad!" She yells out of nowhere.

"Whhhhaaaaattt." I mimic her wining.

"What are we doing?" She asks.

"You'll see." I tease.

She was in a really pretty dress, like the one during that contest. She looks at me and at my still casted arm.

"When will they take it out?" She asks curiously.

"Soon, darling." I smiled.

Ryan's POV:

Today my gift will be a song, 'Lonely Moonlight'. Nate and Alex are helping us prepare, its funny how much things can change in a year. I never thought I would see her again and knowing she is safe, I'm glad she's in good hands. I admit I'm not the best father,
what am I even saying? I shouldn't be like this, how could I? Apparently everyone's got my back.

Dallon and Spencer are also here with their families. This whole party was my idea, alright me and Brendon's idea.

"So uhh... what time will they arrive?" Nate asks.

"Any time now," I said

Okay, I don't know how or what I'm doing, I'm just trying to be the best dad for these kids. Brendon I certainly doing a good job, a better job in all regards. I'm back with the band and the life which I regrettably left. Honestly, I don't even know if she loves me but I love her, I'll do anything for her and for Nate. I regret a lot of things, but I won't regret it today.

"Um... Ryan? Brendon's car is here." Alex said.

"Crap!" I muttered.

"Alright places everyone!" I gathered them in one spot.

The lights were dimmed, and everyone was at the corner it was just me and my guitar. The door opens and the guys go inside. I strum the first chords and sing.

"The sun went down over my head
Another day I lost, filled with regret
I wandered through the sunshine
Remembering when you were mine
Lonely moonlight, lonely moonlight
When I had a younger heart
You told me not to fear the dark
Lonely moonlight

Someone I love loves someone else.
Another day I lost, all by myself

I wandered through the sunshine
Remembering when you were mine
Lonely moonlight, lonely moonlight
When I had a younger heart
You told me not to fear the dark
Lonely moonlight, lonely moonlight

When I had a younger heart
You told me not to fear the dark
Lonely moonlight, lonely moonlight."

There was a sparkle in her eyes. I'm had stopped singing and she jumps to me with a big hug.

"No matter what stupid thing I do... just remember I don't blame you, you don't have to prove your worth to me... you don't need to." She whispered into my ear.

Time skip

The three kids are having time to themselves. Brendon sits next to me with a beer,

"I don't drink," I said.

"It's funny, the last time we did this we ended up becoming train wrecks." Bren joked.

"Some year..." I trail off.

"Was it worth it?" He asked.

"Of course." I have a soft smile.

"This year we saw cancer, cigarettes, and shortness of breath..." I trail off.

Everything fell into place, we danced, we laughed, and we smiled. Of course, there will come a time when sadness will overflow but Brendon and I will be there.

I chuckled to myself, Bren gave me a confused looked.

"Watching the sky fall..." I lightly sing the tune, Brendon smirks.

"You came from quoting yourself to quoting me." He chuckled.

"What can I say? Feelings are weird." I laughed.

We watched the kids having the time of their lives, Elise looks at us with a smile, a smile that radiates the whole room. Brendon looks at me and pats me at the back.

"We did it." He said in a soft tone.

"Yeah... we did it."