When The World Gets Too Heavy Put It On My Back

Elise's POV:

"I will never leave you." He replied immediately.

"Darling, can you please tell me where you are."

"We are all worried sick."

I was scared too type, Brendon tried calling but I wasn't picking up. I walked once again in the busy streets. I kept thinking of them, there was a growing pit in my stomach it made me nauseous. It was like I was going in circles I knew I couldn't keep doing this. In my mind I was yelling at myself, I was telling to go back but I couldn't I was too scared. I collect my thoughts I was debating if I should go back or not.

I always managed to end up in the park. I sat down with the wind in my hair and the noise of chirping birds. I felt like people were looking at me. I'm not sure if  I could forgive Ryan easily but I'm will to hear what he has to say. I stared at my phone, he called me once again this time I knew I had to do it.

"Elise? Thank goodness. Honey where are you? You have to tell us where you're at."

I did not respond instead I broke down.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled repeatedly over and over again.

It felt like there was this new weight I had to brush off.

"Shh... it's okay I'm here. I will never leave you." He said in a comforting tone.

"Elise, can you please tell us where you are."

I didn't reply back because I knew what I had to do. I looked down at my self with guilt. Whoever I was yesterday wasn't me, no this is me. I won't run from the truth any longer.

Brendon's POV:

She ended the call, I'm scared I don't know what's happening to her.

"I'm going to go find her," I announced.

"Brendon, I'm not sure that's a good idea." Zack rebutted.

"I think he's right, as far as we and the hospital are concerned you're still injured," Dan explains.

"Unfortunately you going out isn't exactly a good idea," Mike said.

"But..." I tried to reason.

"I'll look go for her. It's my fault that all of this happened, I should be the one to look." Ryan stood up immediately.

"Well all go look for her, we'll bring her back safe." Josh followed.

"Besides... we wouldn't want anything bad happening to Alex's girlfriend." Tyler smiled cheekily I could tell he wanted to clear the gloomy atmosphere, over the corner of my eye Alex gave Tyler a death glare.

"Girlfriend?" Josh and I said.

"Well... you learn something new every day. We'll bring her back safe we promise." Nicole said reassuringly.

Within a blink of an eye, they all left. We haven't told Sarah and Nate what had happened, I really hope she will be back soon. Thoughts swarm my head, will she trust me? Does she still love me? I didn't think it would be that bad. We canceled two shows for today and tomorrow, we just moved the shows for a later date so that their tickets wouldn't get wasted.

I checked my phone hoping that she texted or if the fans spotted her, unfortunately much to my dismay there was no one. I pace the room walking back and forth, anxiety slowly taking over me, tears in my eyes and deep breaths are all that I have right now. I couldn't leave this room what if she comes and I'm not there, I need to be there for her. I really failed her, didn't I? No,  I should not be thinking about this but I can't help it. She hurts, she had been attacked, shot, and now she had run away... she has been carrying all this heavy baggage because of me.

I could tell Ryan was hurting, of course, he is. He knew this could happen but we were still optimistic that it wouldn't end up this way. The guy who approached Elise and Alex was Ryan's old manager, he said that he trusted him but one day his old managed betrayed him so he had him fired. We don't know what his intentions were, but the guys who bottled me were with Ryan's old manager. They were found have been arrested, that's all we know. Luckily, the tabloids didn't catch that mess which was good.

Zack informed that fans, he made it as vague as possible so that fans wouldn't know what truly is going on. No one has seen her yet. I appreciated fans telling me to get well soon it made me motivated. I ringed her a few more times but to no avail, I am not giving up on her.

There was a soft knock on the door. It's probably the nurse or the guys so frantically opened the door. There she stood, her hair all messy, bits of blood on her shirt she faces down tears falling down. Behind that mask was a girl who simply wanted to be loved. She slowly looks up scared as if I was gonna snap at her, she quickly ran to me hugging tightly. She was sobbing on my shirt as I gently stroked her hair.

"I'm sorry I-I r-ran I d-didn't mean to." She choked.

"You don't have to be sorry... I should be the one who's sorry." I said as softly as possible.

I slowly grab her arm, I was surprised she didn't hesitate.

"I almost did it." She said looking at the scratches.

"You're safe now, I'm so proud of you," I said in a calming tone, she was confused.

"You fought back, the temptation," I said.

She cried even more. She looks up, she touches the bruise on my face going all the way up to ruffle my hair.

"Daddy?"

"Yes?"

"I-I love you too." She said as she fell to the ground.

"I was too weak... why am I like this? I cry I run away, I'm always scared." She mumbled.

"I'm pathetic." What she said broke my heart.

I broke her and it's all my fault if I only told her sooner. I would give anything to bring that smile back. All I could do was comfort her. My body still hurts from yesterday but that didn't matter. I hummed a peaceful little tune to make her calm down. I quietly sang to her,

"When the world gets too heavy
Put it on my back
I'll be your levy
You are taking me apart
Like bad glue
On a get well card
It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back, to let me know
I'm a fly that's trapped
In a web
But I'm thinking that
My spider's dead
Lonely, lonely little life
I could kid myself
In thinking that I'm fine
It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back, to let me know
That I'm skin and bone
Just a king and rusty throne
Oh, the castle's under siege
But the sign outside says 'leave me alone'
It was always you
Falling for me
Now there's always time
Calling for me
I'm the light blinking at the end of the road
Blink back, to let me know
(It was always you)
Blink back, to let me know
(It was always you)"

"Elise? Remember that promise I made to you a while back?"

"I will always be there for you no matter what."

She slightly smiled back, "You remembered?" She asked surprised.

"I will never forget," I said.