When The Day Met The Night

*Time skip few days later

Elise's POV

I went inside Ryan's room. I didn't know what to expect, I always hated this feeling. We all didn't know this could happen Zack texted me that they were in the room with Dad. I felt relieved that he wasn't alone in the room. Mom and Nate arrived three days earlier, I remember seeing them with tired looks.

Nate and I were kinda scared, what if he doesn't push through? He's been improving though which is more than great, after all just what they said he is the great Ryan Ross. So the PFTW Tour was basically delayed or somewhat canceled, they need all the rest they need to recover. Everyone knows what happened, they all said their condolences. It annoys me that the press over this, glittering their way over this, half of what they are saying is not even close to the truth.

 Nate and I were a little awkward to each other, we are siblings well... half-sibling to be exact.

"So brother and sister aye?" I struck up a conversation.

"Crazy." He told me.

So this past month on tour has been crazy, at least there was still a large number of shows we performed in. It's almost been a year since I got adopted or at least been found. I did not expect to end up like this. But you know what? I'm glad I found them. 

I silently sang Behind The Sea, both Nate and Alex were here so free performance?

"Remember that contest? those were good times." Alex reminisced.

"Oh yeah, Haven't heard from Claire in a while," Alex added.

"Oh yeah! We may have gone out... a couple of times." Me and Alex's faces dropped.

"Well then Fuck! we sure did miss a lot." I exclaimed.

We talked some more, just passing the time. We did some catching up, literally, a month felt like years.  Was it to cope and was it just to remove all our sorrows away?

We still managed to stay light-hearted in a situation like this, the two even joked about my situation.

"C'mon just admit you're a Ryden child." The two were laughing.

That's a pretty embarrassing comment if you ask me. I just brushed it off with a laugh.

A few hours passed, Zack called me in to see Dad. I started wondering what's going on. I left Ryan's room and the other two followed. Mom took over our post she hugged me and pecked over my forehead. We walked through the busy hall. It's was full of nurses and doctors going to every room. We weren't in dad's room, instead of a different room.

The walls were white and everyone else was there. Dad was in a wheelchair. He looked at me with a great big smile. I noticed he lost a little bit of weight but this is best I've seen him in days. Honestly, I didn't want to see him during the previous days. I guess I scared and maybe even guilty Zack hands over the crutches, dad grabs them to stand up this made me smile like an idiot.

"Even though I still feel like shit, I could now stand well... At least with crutches. We could go home." He smiled, expecting a hug.

Home? I'd forgotten about that. I didn't hug him back I just stood at my place. My phone was buzzing it was mom.

"It's Ryan, he's AWAKE" she texted.

My eyes went wide. I stared at dad's eyes, they began tearing up.

"Lise?"He said with concern, I walked backward with a slight giggle and ran forwards.

He's awake! It's about damn time! I probably bumped a lot of nurses along the way.

Ryan is my father and so is Brendon, I love them both. I won't escape that fact,  I've been thinking about this a lot. I'm not running away from it i'm running towards it, Everything was falling into place my heart was beating faster the nearer I got. I arrive at the door, tears in my eyes and shortness of breath I went inside. There he was, he had a weak smile with mine bigger.  I ran to him with a big hug. He looked tired and yet very much awake.

"You scared me," I whispered in his ear.

"I love you so much... Dad..."

He ruffled my hair and touched my face. His eyes got misty and smiled.

"Oh, darling..." He said with a low rasp in his voice.

Those words felt warm, beautiful. Zack suddenly opened the door, he saw the three of us. He looked shocked and smirked and walked away.

He came back with everyone. They were all in shock. Nate ran to his father side, I stepped back and went to my dad and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly ruffling my hair and kissed my cheek.

We were all happy again. I held onto my dad's hand, squeezing it and a tear dropped down myself face. Dad looked saddened to see me teared up but then I smiled. I whispered to his ear,

"I promise."

"Promise?" He said confused.

"I won't ever go away."

It was surreal, it was a therapeutic chain of events. It made me want to get up and rejoice, it made me feel like a winner without doing anything directly. 

A/N

This fic is ending soon, but don't worry I have maybe 6 chapts ready on this new fic still relating to the quartet.