Chapter 11

"So you mean this strange eyes person is a federal agent?" Andy asked for like the third time.

"Yes," I checked my phone. The time was 12:45am. No word from the doctors since they had wheeled alhaja's body into the emergency ward. I think I saw something like 'head trauma unit' on the door.

It seemed the doctors had forgotten about us and a part of me was okay with that for the time being. If they forgot about us then they couldn't give us any bad news.

I filled Andy in on my present status; homeless, hopeless and extremely wanted, although I could see he couldn't really comprehend the personality of the Chief.

"How can someone who plays with that kind of money and is involved in many illegal activities be able to lay low all this while without drawing the attention of the law?" he kept on asking.

"The DSS are onto him actually," I yawned. I was beginning to feel sleepy. After talking for an hour straight I was really tired.

"Then how come they haven't taken him down since? so you haven’t heard anything from Fome'?"
It seemed Andy had no plans of sleeping.

I might as well have it out now, "Andy, Mona isn't who you think she is," I waited for an objection from him because when it came to his wife, the sun seemed to shine out of her behind to Andy. But he was resigned and quiet.
"She was cheating on you bro. I saw her earlier when I went to your home. She said it was the first time but…" I let the silence say the rest.

"It’s my fault," Andy said quietly.

I had been dozing but my eyes opened at once. I searched Andy's face, expecting the worst.

"She refused to go off the pill. She doesn't want children, I don't know why. I found out she was still on it without my consent so I decided no sex until all the effects wore out."

If circumstances had been normal, I would have laughed and laughed. Instead I shook my head at Andy in amazement, "you practically fed her to the dogs then. You see a woman like Mona…haba now!"

"But why wouldn't she want children now?"

"Because her job can't allow it," I replied quietly. I had been debating whether I should reveal her identity too but decided if she could reveal it to me then how much more her husband.

He looked at me vaguely, "interior designs? she would have all the time in the world."

"True, but I mean her real job."

He looked at me questioningly and I observed the waiting room, noticing the other man was still snoring away in his corner.

I replied Andy, lowering my voice, "she is a federal agent Andy. She said she married you because of the chief and because we were friends and when I moved in with Fome she had to tie the knot with you…that was how she put it."

Andy looked incredulous, "and you believed that? look Rex if you truly know me you would know no woman can play me like that. It can't work."

"Bro I’m telling you she tazed this guy right in front of me. Okay have you ever seen tazer in your house before?"

"What do we want to use tazer for?"

"But she has one." I struggled to control my voice, "the guy she was with is the Chief's first son. She told me she was using him to track the Chief"

Andy shook his head, "Rex it is not possible. Mona, my wife, DSS?" he laughed in disbelief as he stood up. "Let me go hunt down the doctor or that fat nurse, they can’t just leave us like this."