Chapter 38

6°27′N 3°22′E / 6.450°N 3.367°E

This region of Apapa lies near the mouth of the Lagos Lagoon and contains ports and terminals for various commodities such as containers and bulk cargo.

Adjacent to the container port is the Tin Can island port.

As I drove towards the port, I remembered something Mona had told me about strange eyes and his agents chasing Fome around the Apapa mariner. At the time I had thought Mona was an agent too but now I wondered at her hidden unknown message then, perhaps Fome had been trying to track down this very location?

I looked at Andy, "any idea how we can locate it exactly and avoid the Ports Authority also?"

"No idea...let me try and download a digital compass on my phone"

"If that would help...but if widows are locked up in one of these many containers...we are not leaving here till we free them"

Andy…my friend had transformed to a real fearless lion. He smiled, "that is what I like to hear"

Andy downloaded some kind of compass on his phone and he keyed in the coordinates.

"Okay okay...we're almost there"

"What I don't understand is, the coordinates...is it for the place specifically or this port in general"

"I don't think so"

"You don't think so for which one?"

"O'boy just find somewhere to park, we would locate it on foot"

I complied with him. That looked like the smartest thing to do. It was 10:15pm and the car headlights were a giveaway.

I had no idea how the security of this place looked like but it had to be sparse. After all illegal activities had been going on here.

I parked the car in between two container carrying trucks parked for the night. The parking was very hard and I had to reverse and move forward little by little like ten times until the car was parked appropriately.

I killed the headlights then dug under the seat for the gun. My mind had been on bullets. I knew it had 9 rounds. I had shot 3 at the shadow in the hospital and I had killed (I wasn't losing any sleep over it) a cleaner earlier at Andy's place. So I had five bullets left to use carefully. I didn't really know much about guns, didn't know where I could get bullets.

Maybe I could check the internet..sites like (Everything was for sale on the internet, you just had to know where to look) I made it a mental note to check. Maybe delivery would be included.

"How did the suppressor work last night?" Andy asked me.

"Like a dream, I didn't even notice the sound very much." Although my pulse had been racing and sounding like the hooves of a rhino making it almost impossible to hear anything else

Andy retrieved the dagger from underneath his seat and we got down.

The port was quite well lit but the amount of cargo lying about provided suitable shadows for us to move in.

We were at a spot were they piled sand after excavating it from the water when I noticed some bodies scattered about.

People actually slept here. I beckoned to Andy to kill his phone screen as it gave us away.

He was busy tilting his phone, checking the digital compass which was still running.

We moved in a zig zag manner for some while, avoiding every reflection of light. Finally we got to the foot of the first container. Row after row after row, on top of each other.