Chapter 50

Wendy was the type of person that once an idea of a work was in her head, it never went away. She was waiting impatiently and she had called me countless times to figure out if I was still on my way.

The school had long closed and she was the only one who waited behind. She was standing at the main gate with the security guard. She must have told him she was expecting us because he only tapped my booth for me to open it for him, after which he waved me on after checking.

I moved in and parked to the side of the road. Wendy hurried to my window. "Just go in and park. I'd be with you shortly," she saw Olivia and smiled, "he told me he was coming with someone. It’s nice to finally meet you"

I parked the car and we headed for the building where Wendy stood at the entrance waiting.

She led the way inside, switching on the lights as we passed.

"Hope the guard is cool and not a snitch?" I asked her.

"No...well maybe but I'm going to give him some money to be sure of his loyalty"

"Wow…you'd so that for me?" I was stunned

I was behind her, Wheeling Olivia but I could tell she rolled her eyes. "Duh! Where do you think the money is going to come out from?"

I chuckled, "Wendy....sha take it easy with my pockets"

"You just see what I have planned for you and your friend"

She worked on Olivia first and I stood to the side and watched as little by little, her hair was turned grey. Wendy was a master with hair dyes and she mixed two different shades of grey to give her the required shade she wanted.

The result was how the hair of an aging 50/60 year old woman would look.

"Okay...let me see..." she studied Olivia's face intensely through the mirror. "Okay...just a few wrinkles here and there...you want any scarring? No scarring won't be nice. You're an elderly elegant woman...yes just wrinkles, not too much, just to age your pretty face a little"

"Wow..you're very good..I'm already feeling old now..." Olivia was impressed.

"Trust me. It isn't complete. There'd be a little line, here, here and here...behind your eyes..not to talk of your teeth.." She touched almost all over Olivia's face and I laughed.

"Wendy the magician...are you going to add all those ones tonight?"

"No...since it’s tomorrow you need it, it’s best to do it in the morning. When the effects would still be fresh"

"Okay, that sounds nice..." But then I remembered where the interview was supposed to hold.

"Actually, we won't be able to come all this way tomorrow. Why don't you just do it all now?"

She was already shaking her head "no...no...instead I'd prefer to come to you myself in the morning"

"Wow, you're serious? You'd do that?"

She rolled her eyes again and I interrupted her this time, "okay I know..I know..I'd be paying your transport....right"

She fussed on Olivia a bit, greying the eyebrows slightly, adding a fake birthmark then taking it off"

"I thought it looked well," Olivia said when she removed the birthmark she had placed above her left eye.

"Yes darling, it would come on tomorrow. Tonight is just for your hair basically. That's half of the job alone"

"What's the other half?" I asked, "the facials?"

"Yes..and don't forget the fun part...the dressing up!"