Chapter 45

Back at the hospital again, and I was tired of the place. The time was 11:19pm and the guard that opened the gate must have thought it was an emergency case because he hurried and yanked the gate open with much speed for me to drive through.

I was on the lookout for any sign of strange eyes but I didn't see him.

I couldn't trust him...not one percent.
My dad was stretched out on the chair and he must have nodded his head to an imaginary beat a lot of times as I could tell from his red eyes, he had been dozing. He got up immediately and hurried to the door the minute we entered the room. "Oh..Martha..I'm sorry. It was my fault…did she hurt you? What of Olivia?..are you okay?"

He didn't fuss over me as much.

He kept on blaming himself for letting the nurse pick his pocket so easily.

"That reminds me…I didn't see the wallet, she didn't have it with her"

"You wouldn't believe that we found it in a dustbin in the reception? But the address and the money was gone"

We crowded Andy's bed and his eyes were truly opened and I could see the recognition in his eyes as he glanced at each of us.

He didn't try to talk however, and I had the feeling even the anesthesia couldn't numb the pain he would feel if he were to try.

We all spoke to him, almost at once. I was telling him I had gotten the bastard that had put him on a stretcher and I knew Andy, that was the first thing he would ask if he could.

We crowded him for minutes, then I took my father to the side. "That reminds me. I plan to book a ticket tonight so you and mom can go back home"

"Why? How do you mean?"

"What happened today...much worse would surely happen if you both stick around. You need to be with her 24/7"

I could see the concern on his face but I knew he was leaning towards agreeing. Worry must have almost eaten him alive today.

My phone was vibrating and somehow I knew it would be strange eyes calling me and it was.

I ignored it till my father finally nodded in agreement. "We need to talk more about this you need to at least tell me your plans.
There's a lot of ways I could help you even though I may not be there physically"

:::::::::
"Hello Rex, I'm at the hospital's parking lot. When you're ready come down let's talk"

"How long have you been there?" I asked

"Long enough to see you still push the widow and leave your mother to walk by her self yet again"

"You are a fool you know that?"

"I see you're still after girls. That has always been your weakness in my opinion...remember Fumi…"

I thought he was going to mention Fome's name next but he must have thought better of it.

"Look Rex, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I'm in the parking lot, in a ford jeep outside. We need to talk"

I kept my eyes on my family. The three of them were still hurdled around Andy. Talking to him and asking him questions he couldn't answer-at least not yet.

I focused on the call. "We don't have anything to talk about"

"But we do Rex. I know things about the initiative we could use to take it down and we need to join minds and move quick because they have something planned"

"What?"

"Believe me, the Chief is a sick bastard "

"What do you mean? What are they planning?"