Chapter 37

Samuel lived at the other end of Lagos, towards badagry but the good news was there was no traffic.
The BMW ate up the distance like a snack and very soon I was at Agbara already.

I called him, "S.s hope you’re at home...I'm on my way"

"You’re just bringing your trouble sha...I’m home…bring something come o"

"Taaar! How will I bring something for you, are you my child...you don't know I'm your guest" .

He laughed and cut the call.
Olivia smiled. "The way you and your friends relate...I admire that.. like you have every right to demand something from them and they always answer you...he will come through right?"

"He would don't worry. That's what friends are for...how about you...any close friends?"

"Pfffft...friends? More like acquaintances," for a moment she looked sad

"Really? Why is that…you just have bad luck picking good friends or what?"

"The only person I considered my close friend turned out to be fucking my husband behind my back..imagine that!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing...what manner of man would cheat on this woman?

"You mean he was cheating on you?"

"Yes...as a matter of fact we were going for marriage counselling when a trailer ran us over"

I was quiet, "I'm sorry for that"

"For him cheating or for the accident?"

"For all of it"

She smiled, "you're really sweet you know that?"

No I didn't, but I kept quiet. I kept on replaying last night...my thoughts hadn't been sweet then and I had a feeling she knew.

The car was silent the rest of the way as we were lost in our thoughts.

Finally I entered Samuel's estate. I hadn't been here since his baby's dedication about two years ago. Still I located his house easily and I called him as I parked in front of his house.

"Come in," he said the moment he picked. "You know the gate is never locked"

"Nice try...come and chain your dogs first abeg"

"They don't bite na"

"Oga answer me abeg"

He laughed, "I'm coming"

Short Samuel had really changed from the book loving student to a more social man. He opened his gate then smiled with open arms.
I lifted him easily till he kicked the air.

"Obazino! Baddest man! Where is Fome na?" He saw Olivia behind me then whistled. "Nna forget Fome...put me down and introduce me to this person"

I winced when he said that, and my conscience was pricking me...had I truly forgotten Fome so soon?

I introduced them and he smiled and kissed her knuckles.

He nudged me out of the way, "shift my friend!" He took control of the chair and wheeled her in.
"Hope you didn't hurt yourself by tripping for this dog?" I heard him ask her as he wheeled her inside.

I shook my head but I smiled. I went to the car and retrieved the laptop and modem.

Samuel was a joker but he was a genius with computers and once he hacked into the website and altered the number, the real work would begin..

We got in his house.

His parlour was very spacious and well furnished. His 2 year old son was rolling on the floor watching a cartoon program. Sam called him, "Junior get up, greet daddy's guest"